Hatablockaz

Shalimar

Like herpes - just appears
Feb 5, 2007
St Pete
www.minglemixx.com
Marklar
₥0
I am headed to a Meet and Greet with local (regional? southeast?) artist Acafool, whose song "Hatablockaz" has gotten much love in the Bay..

this being a national site, i'm curious how many of you have heard the song?

"I got my hatablockaz on".. you know.. you can't see me haters cause i got my blockers on.. www.acafool.com

curious of his scope.. maybe none of yall are rap fans, so probably definitely not in that instance.. but..

anyway.. holla.. and thanks for letting me join the party, though i'm not sure how to tell if i'm in/out/whatever it is..

Well, I knew this day would come eventually... I am now officially too old to know what the flarn-buggery-poop you idiot kids are blathering on about. Now get of my goddamn lawn.

are hatablockaz any relation to blublockers?

tvproducts4less_1931_4956299

maybe a distant cousin to blublockers tho i'm not sure.. lol

acafool has had some success with that song, lots of radio play throughout the southeast.. but like many artists he waited too long to put his album out.. didn't have his video ready.. so, like lots of "local" artists he wasn't ready to capitalize on his radio spins.. timing is everything..

he's a good, humble dude too.. reeeeeeal talented.. does his own production.. new song called "I look good" is his next single, think he's filming a vid in new york..

we shall see..

point taken tangu.. i really can't disagree.. the hatablockaz song is DEF a "gimmick" thing, which, believe it or not helped the song take off.. he sold actual shades with the HB logo on em.. i personally have seen half a dozen youtubes (not that that's any huge accomplishment but still) of people lipsyncin the song..

and the new one, again, is a little gimmicky.. "i look good".. ehhhh..

many of you i'm sure would agree the current state of rap is not good.. i'm a fan of a lot of it.. but i'm a little old school.. the whole "lean with it dip with it shoulder lean drop walk it out on top to the side" by "young lil joe in the hood who rides dubs on the whip out herr" isn't really MY thing.. but you gotta play it cause that's what club patrons wanna hear..

and it sells.. whatchagonnado?

don't buy it, support it or mention it.

My best friend runs a local public access rap show called Detroit rap tv. which is great for local artists but i gotta say the influences of the south are creeping back up here and it's turning the whole scene here into some rather...sad and sorry songs.

I'm not a fan of the "gimmicky" rap songs either. They usually have an awesome beat in the background but bitches, money, cars, weed and more bitches gets a little old.

Old school rap has flavor at least.

Haven't heard it here in the southwest. sorry. not that i listen to a whole lot of hip-hop. I'll ask one of the guys who i'll be out with tonight. he's into hip-hop.

This is such a funny statement if you know April!!! :fly:

The first time I heard that statement it was from Fly - "Am you got your haterblockerz on...." as he hugged a purple pillow.

Oh that was a good night. I'm rolling over laughing here. No one could take that pillow away from him.