Has Fuxx come up with a new good show?

*Fuxx Burger* said:
You totally should visit the north west. Its beautiful. As far as I am concerned, you havent seen the best parts of our country yet :p You need to spend time in Eastern Canada, and then on the west coast. Come down to Oregon and see the sights.
As for the Yukon, I would LOVE to go there someday. I have been all across Canada (many times) but I have yet to visit waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay up north :p

Invest in a really warm jacket and a touque :D
I have a really warm Jacket and a Touque:p I'll never be able to use them here though, way too humid.
Yes, the entire country does appeal to me alot, people think I'm mad, but I love North American scenery and wildlife. Any idea what the legal age to hire a car is? I don't see there being any other way to get around :p

Galen said:
I have a really warm Jacket and a Touque:p I'll never be able to use them here though, way too humid.
Yes, the entire country does appeal to me alot, people think I'm mad, but I love North American scenery and wildlife. Any idea what the legal age to hire a car is? I don't see there being any other way to get around :p
I'm guessing by "hire a car" you mean rent one. Most rental agnecies won't rent to people under 25 for insurance reasons. I would also think that you'd have sort of driver certification or pass a test if you're coming from outside the US.

theacoustician said:
I'm guessing by "hire a car" you mean rent one. Most rental agnecies won't rent to people under 25 for insurance reasons. I would also think that you'd have sort of driver certification or pass a test if you're coming from outside the US.

I thought that under 25 thing was overturned on the grounds of ageism?

why_ask_why said:
I thought that under 25 thing was overturned on the grounds of ageism?
Hadn't heard that. I suppose the easiest way to find out is to call around. Even if that is true, I'm sure you have to be at least 18 to rent one and have some form of credit card.

theacoustician said:
Yes, we have two licences here. I hold a full driving licence.
Sucks if it's 25 though, what a load of shit.

theacoustician said:
Hadn't heard that. I suppose the easiest way to find out is to call around. Even if that is true, I'm sure you have to be at least 18 to rent one and have some form of credit card.
19, and don't own a credit card. I only use debit.

Galen said:
Yes, we have two licences here. I hold a full driving licence.
Sucks if it's 25 though, what a load of shit.
I'm sure you can find someplace that will rent to you if you're under 25, but they'll probably charge you extra.

theacoustician said:
I'm sure you can find someplace that will rent to you if you're under 25, but they'll probably charge you extra.
I know that it's 21 here, which is rather unfair, but it's the law I'm afraid.
My card is a Visa, so that should be fine. Guess I'll have to look into it myself. You guys have Hertz there right?

Galen said:
My card is a Visa, so that should be fine. Guess I'll have to look into it myself. You guys have Hertz there right?
Yeah. Most of them even have the talking GPS unit in them which I'm sure will help you around.

Galen said:

I'm pretty sure that 21 is the minimum anyone here will rent to you too, but they charge a buttload extra for it. I was in a car accident when I was 19 and my car was totalled (by the other guy), I couldn't rent at all so I had to use my older sister's car and she used the rental car, but was still under 25, so the car insurance company had to pay us extra for the extra cost of the rental car.

kiwi said:
I'm pretty sure that 21 is the minimum anyone here will rent to you too, but they charge a buttload extra for it. I was in a car accident when I was 19 and my car was totalled (by the other guy), I couldn't rent at all so I had to use my older sister's car and she used the rental car, but was still under 25, so the car insurance company had to pay us extra for the extra cost of the rental car.
What a series of events! I'm glad to see that you're okay now though. Insurance sucks however. Due to the amount of road deaths in Ireland (caused by young idiots in their shoeboxes), some insurance companies are charging upwards of 6000 Euro per year on even the smallest of cars. ($7345 per year)

Galen said:
What a series of events! I'm glad to see that you're okay now though. Insurance sucks however. Due to the amount of road deaths in Ireland (caused by young idiots in their shoeboxes), some insurance companies are charging upwards of 6000 Euro per year on even the smallest of cars. ($7345 per year)

Dang! Is it required by law to have insurance there too? I wouldn't be able to afford to drive.

*Fuxx Burger* said:
Oh you guys totally should :D
Fatburger and I could show you around!! I think it would be great fun!!

We'll make it a date than. I don't know when we'll actually make it though, I did want to go to California and disneyland for our anniversary but our free hotel (sister in law) is moving to Utah by then and I'll probably be pregnant so Disneyland is out, I may have to talk him into Oregon instead.

kiwi said:
Dang! Is it required by law to have insurance there too? I wouldn't be able to afford to drive.
Tis required yes. Many people can't afford to drive so they buy really crappy cars and end up writing them off and thus the cycle continues.
I do not own a car at the minute, I intend to buy one soon though but the bus or train does me nicely.