Has fly told you about his new car?

I had my Jeep up to 280,000 miles and you are dead right. Oil change once a month and a little TLC in the right places is all you need.

that's more a testament to the jeep I6...a lot of those motors got there with a lot less tlc

I had my Jeep up to 280,000 miles and you are dead right. Oil change once a month and a little TLC in the right places is all you need.

:thrawn: why the hell were you changing the oil once a month?

And you need more than TLC. A $500 car may require you to pull the head off the engine. If you don't know how to do that you cannot rely on a $500 car. My cheap cars lasted because I know how to take an engine apart to its bolts and put it back together as well as the entire transmission, brakes and suspension system. Out of all the crappy cars I've owned the only times I couldn't salvage a catastrophic engine failure was when I didn't have access to a lift.

Bottom line: a $500 car doesn't need constant maintenance, it needs constant repair work. If you can't do all of it on your own it's going to cost you a lot more than if you'd just gotten yourself a cheap $2k car.

Last edited:
that's more a testament to the jeep I6...a lot of those motors got there with a lot less tlc

Yes, the straight 6er was amazing but no matter how you look at it 280k takes much love to get too. The thing had been driving from Canada to Florida god knows how many times. She always needed work but nothing like my Benz. Shit I spent half what the Benz was worth repairing it in the first year!

Yes, the straight 6er was amazing but no matter how you look at it 280k takes much love to get too. The thing had been driving from Canada to Florida god knows how many times. She always needed work but nothing like my Benz. Shit I spent half what the Benz was worth repairing it in the first year!

Benz has been in the shitter in terms of reliability for over a decade now...comparing a bullet proof engine to a benz is no contest

I got rid of my I6 jeep with about 140k on it about 14 years ago and the engine was like new despite fair maintenance

God you fucks are so helpful

Find a dealership in Clearwater or Dunedin owned by Russians. Buy a $1500 car, it'll last you a while.

Make sure they're Russian because all Russian car dealerships in the Tampa Bay area are just money laundering fronts. In other words, they won't try to rip you off on the price of the car.

Find a dealership in Clearwater or Dunedin owned by Russians. Buy a $1500 car, it'll last you a while.

Make sure they're Russian because all Russian car dealerships in the Tampa Bay area are just money laundering fronts. In other words, they won't try to rip you off on the price of the car.

:lol: Good advice.