Has anyone used Divx 6 yet?

theacoustician

Flaccid Member
Sep 30, 2004
Marklar
₥0
If you don't know, it now supports menus, supposedly better quality, and actually formats movies .divx instead of using an avi capsule. I think that's simply handy for figuring out what codec is being used instead of getting to guess or use gSpot to figure it out.

So if you have any experiences or know of something better, shoot.

smileynev said:
I don't pirate.
touchedmyheart.jpg

Who says you have to be pirating things to use Dixv? I've been playing with it to archive DVDs to a file server and for recording TV. I still haven't found anything that offers better compression than MPEG2 with equal quality, but hopefully this is getting close.

theacoustician said:
Who says you have to be pirating things to use Dixv? I've been playing with it to archive DVDs to a file server and for recording TV. I still haven't found anything that offers better compression than MPEG2 with equal quality, but hopefully this is getting close.

I was gonna say, how can you stand the loss of quality?

theacoustician said:
HEY STRANGER!!! How big are the DVDs compressed with divx?

SpangeMonkee said:
I don't usually encode anything. I figured I wouldn't install it until I need to do so. Does it decode better?
There are supposedly some improvements in playback too, but its still not using MSVA or whatever. I think once that hits, that'll be some hot shit.