Has anyone taken the GRE?

I took the test several years ago. It's similar to other standardized tests. Some universities will also accept the MAT (Miller Analogy Test). An analogy test sounded awful to me so I opted for the GRE.

OK here it is:

Questions are grouped into sections...each section is grouped into buckets of difficulty. As you answer questions correctly in a section the next question comes slightly harder, as you miss the next one is slightly easier. Depending on what bucket you are in at the end of the section determines your score for that section. You must answer all questions, blank questions are wrong and deduct your score at the end. You can not see the next question without answering the question at hand.

Haphazard guessing is a bad idea, at least make educated guesses.

I thought you said GED. Then I saw master's. I thought you were getting ahead of yourself.

A friend took it recently. She said it wasn't that bad, a bunch of computer multiple-choice questions.

OK here it is:

Questions are grouped into sections...each section is grouped into buckets of difficulty. As you answer questions correctly in a section the next question comes slightly harder, as you miss the next one is slightly easier. Depending on what bucket you are in at the end of the section determines your score for that section. You must answer all questions, blank questions are wrong and deduct your score at the end. You can not see the next question without answering the question at hand.

Haphazard guessing is a bad idea, at least make educated guesses.

Awesome. Thank you.

I have been going over the sample test CD and it's a fuckin bizzitch.