Has anyone ever used a dinner delivery service?

Candy

Flaccid Member
Jun 10, 2005
In a house with a Purple Room
Marklar
₥0
Nutrisystem, the Zone, etc. I know there are others out there but the names don't come to mind.

I ask because we spend a fortune on groceries and I am sick of making the same things over and over. Recipe exchange helps but I never seem to have the ingrediants or it's a recipe that has too many calories. I am trying to do the 5 small meal a day diet to go along with my gym routine but the food part is holding me up - everything I make is cheesy and yummy and not on my diet. :confused:

Any thoughts?

Thought about it. Around here Zone is 30 dollars a day. True its all the meals in a day but some days I can go 3 meals and 2 snacks under 10 dollars a day. Its just way too much.

Defiantly. Now, did you find the pricing comperable to actually going and buying the ingrediants for a weeks worth of meals? I'll bet it's a blast. When are you planning another trip?

We paid a little over a hundred bucks for food that lasted us two months or more. Given that we eat out for dinner maybe once or twice a week (or more eek)

The food was very healthy and the portions are not huge that you are overfilling yourself. Plus clean up is a breeze.

We're ready to go whenever!

For the last while I have been in a money crunch and have been shopping at Save-a-lot, lol. I buy 5 michalina tv dinners for lunch at work for the week which costs me 5 bucks for the week and assorted frozen foods for dinner. Basically I just grab the bottle of hotsauce and act like its gourmet.

For the last while I have been in a money crunch and have been shopping at Save-a-lot, lol. I buy 5 michalina tv dinners for lunch at work for the week which costs me 5 bucks for the week and assorted frozen foods for dinner. Basically I just grab the bottle of hotsauce and act like its gourmet.

Needs moar boxed wine.

What diet are you trying? They do make cookbooks for the Zone, and Nutrisystem is a low carb diet, just not taken to the extreme of Atkins. You can also find a ton of books for South Beach.

Even if you are not on any of those just change the way you cook. For instance, if you want a hamburger Grill it instead of fry it, use leaner meat like turkey and wheat bread instead of white. Make it a lifestyle change instead of a diet.

Needs moar boxed wine.

It is funny cause you are almost correct. Although I dont drink at home by myself my roomie does but you can always tell what kind of week we are having by the quality and quantity of beer in the fridge.

Budweizer with fresh limes and a bottle of jager in the freezer - Doing well

Natural Ice with lime juice in fridge and salt on the counter - Losing money

Bush or Milwakees Best big bottle of lime juice and salt - Completely broke

Closest I've come to a meal delivery service was a place that delivers for restaurants that don't delivery for themselves. At $5 a pop though it's too expensive unless I'm REALLY craving the only pizza place in town that doesn't deliver.

Closest I've come to a meal delivery service was a place that delivers for restaurants that don't delivery for themselves. At $5 a pop though it's too expensive unless I'm REALLY craving the only pizza place in town that doesn't deliver.

5$ large hot and ready pizza with a drive through on my way home from work 2 minutes from my house. GOLD!

That is why I wont drink can beer, I cant chug the shit
you don't chug out of cans, you shotgun.
1) turn can on side with bottom tilted up
2) cut hole in bottom of the side (the bottom of the can is too thick to make a nice cut)
3) place mouth over hole, turn can upright
4) pop top.

way faster than any bottle chugging (unless you know the straw trick for shotgunning a bottle)

That sounds awesome. Sometimes I just really want a hamburger but don't want to go get one. I would pay five bucks for those times.

5$ large hot and ready pizza with a drive through on my way home from work 2 minutes from my house. GOLD!
that's friggin awesome. i could eat pizza every day. in fact, i have for as long as a week. still no scurvy!

i was referring to a $5 delivery charge on top of the cost of the pizza. that blows.

you don't chug out of cans, you shotgun.
1) turn can on side with bottom tilted up
2) cut hole in bottom of the side (the bottom of the can is too thick to make a nice cut)
3) place mouth over hole, turn can upright
4) pop top.

way faster than any bottle chugging (unless you know the straw trick for shotgunning a bottle)

I have proven this wrong on many, many occasions. I still to this day have never been beat by anyone shotgunning or funneling beer when I have a bottle.