Has anyone ever played the Sims?

I never really got it either...I think it's supposed to be the equivalent of a computer ant farm

I tried it when it first came out. I got the neighbors wife to fall in love with "my" wife and she moved into the house. The husband went nuts, peed himself and burned down the house. That took all of 45 minutes, after that I didnt see any point in playing anymore so I uninstalled it.

Drool-Boy said:
I tried it when it first came out. I got the neighbors wife to fall in love with "my" wife and she moved into the house. The husband went nuts, peed himself and burned down the house. That took all of 45 minutes, after that I didnt see any point in playing anymore so I uninstalled it.
Art following life I see...

They're hard to kill. I tried everything from locking them in a psuedo dungeon to burning everything around them.

What happened to the days of SimCity where you could cause floods, fires, lightning storms, and earthquakes. Taking names and getting stuff done, that's all I'm saying.

KNYTE said:
They're hard to kill. I tried everything from locking them in a psuedo dungeon to burning everything around them.

What happened to the days of SimCity where you could cause floods, fires, lightning storms, and earthquakes. Taking names and getting stuff done, that's all I'm saying.

sim city 2k in disaster mode ftw

KNYTE said:

Build a pool. Place sim in pool. Pause. Remove ladder. Speed up time.

Coqui said:
Build a pool. Place sim in pool. Pause. Remove ladder. Speed up time.

that would be one of the things they do. they were also known for putting them in a room and removing the doors and windows.

Basicaly you get to play god. Kill them, make them rich, ect. The Sims 2 (TS2) is way better. It was my drug for a while.

I always built a room with lots of plants and a fireplace, then I would make the people go in it and I would remove the door. Then, you get someone to light the fireplace. BAM! Disco inferno, beyotch! Once they all die, you clean up the hosue and move in another family. Rinse and repeat. Soon, you will have a haunted lot. I spent close to 5 hours creating a proper graveyard. It was awesome. Then I had a baby and DHR took the baby away before I had a chance to catch it on fire. I haven't played since.

Drool-Boy said:

Do I get to choose your other wife?

SpangeMonkee said:
I always built a room with lots of plants and a fireplace, then I would make the people go in it and I would remove the door. Then, you get someone to light the fireplace. BAM! Disco inferno, beyotch! Once they all die, you clean up the hosue and move in another family. Rinse and repeat. Soon, you will have a haunted lot. I spent close to 5 hours creating a proper graveyard. It was awesome. Then I had a baby and DHR took the baby away before I had a chance to catch it on fire. I haven't played since.
Now you're making it sound fun. wtc

WTF . . . I wouldn't know because mine stopped installing at 77%. Damn you Fly, and your sim hating self.

I like it because its kinda like how I liked playing lemmings, I would let them die because of the pretty fireworks. I would let my sim run amok just for the fun.