GAY Har de har, it's 9 weeks and a bit til Christmas

Dory Berkowitz-Bukowski

Clam whisperer
Oct 15, 2004
Robin Hood Country
Marklar
₥14,119
Thought I'd get in there first with a thread. ^__^

Anyway I'm hating the idea of Christmas this year. I'm super poor and need some very thrifty ideas of gifts I can make for friends seeing as I have a very limited budget indeed. I was thinking of buying cheap t-shirts/shoes for my boyfriend and punking them up so that won't cost much. I'm trying to find out online how to sort out the Nintendo DSi fly gave me last year so I can get something similar to an R4 card and give it to one of the boys for Christmas. Anybody know the best thing to buy/best software etc. so I can do this?

General feeling all round me this year is pretty much dread at the idea of Christmas during this recession, hows it over in America/Canuckistan? :heart:

I hate Christmas too. Last Christmas was epic, on my own for almost a whole week with fine gin and champagne and cuban cigars. Was brilliant til cabin fever set in. This year we'll probably have the young boys coming over for a week or so so I suppose I'll have to do the whole Christmas thing which will be new. :eek:

You could get this card. I have it and love it.

http://www.priceangels.net/AceKard_...NDS_and_NDS_Lite__Compact_Edition__p1531.html

And it's kind of cheap.

As for other gifts, go homemade. They are better gifts anyway. That's why I make gift baskets and such. After shopping at a Dollar store (you know, everything in here is $1, not those shit stores that sell everything as $XX.00 being in even dollar amounts) I can make up a very nice and quick gift set for around $10 that people swoon over.

How are you liking that air horn, Drool? ;)

And how on earth do you not have money? You don't pay for health care, you didn't pay rent for the longest time, you don't pay for dumpster diving, you have a full time job. How are you not rolling in money?

Last edited:
You could get this card. I have it and love it.

http://www.priceangels.net/AceKard_...NDS_and_NDS_Lite__Compact_Edition__p1531.html

And it's kind of cheap.

As for other gifts, go homemade. They are better gifts anyway. That's why I make gift baskets and such. After shopping at a Dollar store (you know, everything in here is $1, not those shit stores that sell everything as $XX.00 being in even dollar amounts) I can make up a very nice and quick gift set for around $10 that people swoon over.

How are you liking that air horn, Drool? ;)

And how on earth do you not have money? You don't pay for health care, you didn't pay rent for the longest time, you don't pay for dumpster diving, you have a full time job. How are you not rolling in money?

Does this card work for the DSi as well as the DS?

Homemade is where I'm going but I have so few skills and so little time, the only thing I can do for my female friends is clothing which I guess I'll have to start now if I want to be finished by Christmas time!

You say I don't pay healthcare yet if you look at how much tax I pay a month you'd see where my money goes :p I think over 50% of my income goes on taxes in one way or another, if not more, pluus they're putting VAT (tax on every good pretty much except kids clothing) up to 20% in January and some stores are starting to increase prices already. :mad: Also I don't dumpster dive, I have no time for it, I pay all the rent of my house, I pay all the bills, I pay for everything so until something changes I have no disposable income. :)

Does this card work for the DSi as well as the DS?

Homemade is where I'm going but I have so few skills and so little time, the only thing I can do for my female friends is clothing which I guess I'll have to start now if I want to be finished by Christmas time!

You say I don't pay healthcare yet if you look at how much tax I pay a month you'd see where my money goes :p I think over 50% of my income goes on taxes in one way or another, if not more, pluus they're putting VAT (tax on every good pretty much except kids clothing) up to 20% in January and some stores are starting to increase prices already. :mad: Also I don't dumpster dive, I have no time for it, I pay all the rent of my house, I pay all the bills, I pay for everything so until something changes I have no disposable income. :)

Yes that works with the DSi.

6 weeks is little time? Honey I put fabulous gift baskets together in the car on the way to the venue. You have 6 weeks.

Yes that works with the DSi.

6 weeks is little time? Honey I put fabulous gift baskets together in the car on the way to the venue. You have 6 weeks.

Gayest post ever!!

Also I'm talking time inbetween cooking, cleaning, working, studying full time, sleeping, drinking, you know - the usual. When do I ever get time off to make fabulous outfits darling?!?!?!

Gayest post ever!!

Also I'm talking time inbetween cooking, cleaning, working, studying full time, sleeping, drinking, you know - the usual. When do I ever get time off to make fabulous outfits darling?!?!?!

In the car on the road to the event, silly. Please keep up honey.

BTW my chicken and dumplings were heaven for sunday roast.

In the car on the road to the event, silly. Please keep up honey.

BTW my chicken and dumplings were heaven for sunday roast.

I don't drive you goober! Also I'm in England, 'the event' is never more than 10 minutes away from my home. :mad:

Anyway I think I'm gonna have an 'agreed to cancel christmas with me' list i.e. certain friends etc. so we don't buy each other anything. Christmas is just a way to make poor people feel inadequate.

Pif chicken and dumplings :drool: I had homemade shepherds pie yesterday, it was nummy.

Then what's great, since you have made that initial investment of puffy paint, you can make other people presents, too! A cheap clay pot with a flower in it, puffy paint it to customize. 2 quid and you have a gift for a friend!

Host a potluck dinner! Make sure the venue is tidy and ready for a dinner party, and perhaps splurge for the meat, but then have the guests take care of the rest. It's a good way to enjoy different types of dishes and since usually potlucks are favorite homemade food items, the food is quite good. And easy clean up because the guests take back their dishes and serving utensils.