Happy Valentine's Day

I almost ruined my surprise last night. He had it hung in the bathroom so I'd be surprised in the morning. However, I had to tinkle last night. So, as I walked into the bathroom, I noticed something, but I quickly turned my head and managed to not see what it was. I also washed my hands in the dark to avoid seeing it.

It was a kimono and chinese tea lights. :heart:

26245d3736d0c8db.jpg

my boyfriend is sick and I'll be in school until 6:30 tonight. So we're moving our V-Day to Saturday :p

I wrote this elsewhere, I wonder what ya'll think about it.

Valentine's day and why most guy's cant win.

Just a little bit of facts and opinion about Valentine 's Day and what it has become over the years. I want to give fair warning; I deal with trends and facts at work. It's going to seem cold because the first part is numbers. Stick with it, I swear it's not all bitterness, just facts.

1. It was estimated last year that people would spend $13.7 Billion for this day, in 2007, it's expected to reach $16.9 Billion

2. Men are more likely to think that romance, spending quality time and the days importance than women.

3. The average man spends $135.67, while the average woman spends $68.64

4. 55% of women have been let down by something on Valentine's Day.

It's kind of a raw deal to guys isn't it? You burn your brain for weeks to do something but the chances are high that your girlfriend doesn't really like what you did, not that you would know anyways unless you really fucked up. What's shocking is the fact that the guy is probably in a more romantic mood than the woman, in fact she probably thinks that the reason you are putting up so much effort is for sex (which by the way if that really is the reason why you just proved yourself to be a weak simpleton) For the past few weeks I've been wondering why and hopefully this is a valid answer

A few years ago I worked with this guy who said that he has never gotten his wife flowers on Valentine's Day and they have been married for over 20 years. His reasoning for not doing anything other than a card was because he routinely did flowers, dinner, outings and other typical Valentine's Day events during the year. To me it seems like a fair deal, you are showing your love at random times of the year, for no reason, not because it's that time of the year. However it seems like a vast majority of guys seem to ignore that, or if they are needy do it way too much which if you didn't know makes you look potentially dangerous than romantic. It's not really that hard to do, just do it when the thought crosses your mind if it's been a while since you've done it.

Don't think that I'm letting the girls off the hook either. I understand that there are less romantic things you can get a guy, for example I would look at my girlfriend as if she lost her mind if she got me Speedos as a present but the common technique of expecting me to spend a hundred dollars on jewelry and then a dinner when you've spent 30 dollars on what is the equivalent of Father's day tie. I'm not asking for equal spending but don't crucify me when you think I purchased what I gave you two days before Valentines when it's obvious that you have done the same thing.

for an unrelated note that I don't feel like making a post on separately I found a link that states that most women would give up sex for 15 months for new clothes because they often make them feel more sexy and confidant than a man. What's up with that? You solve one problem and then another one comes right up.

I wrote this elsewhere, I wonder what ya'll think about it.

Valentine's day and why most guy's cant win.

Just a little bit of facts and opinion about Valentine 's Day and what it has become over the years. I want to give fair warning; I deal with trends and facts at work. It's going to seem cold because the first part is numbers. Stick with it, I swear it's not all bitterness, just facts.

1. It was estimated last year that people would spend $13.7 Billion for this day, in 2007, it's expected to reach $16.9 Billion

2. Men are more likely to think that romance, spending quality time and the days importance than women.

3. The average man spends $135.67, while the average woman spends $68.64

4. 55% of women have been let down by something on Valentine's Day.

It's kind of a raw deal to guys isn't it? You burn your brain for weeks to do something but the chances are high that your girlfriend doesn't really like what you did, not that you would know anyways unless you really fucked up. What's shocking is the fact that the guy is probably in a more romantic mood than the woman, in fact she probably thinks that the reason you are putting up so much effort is for sex (which by the way if that really is the reason why you just proved yourself to be a weak simpleton) For the past few weeks I've been wondering why and hopefully this is a valid answer

A few years ago I worked with this guy who said that he has never gotten his wife flowers on Valentine's Day and they have been married for over 20 years. His reasoning for not doing anything other than a card was because he routinely did flowers, dinner, outings and other typical Valentine's Day events during the year. To me it seems like a fair deal, you are showing your love at random times of the year, for no reason, not because it's that time of the year. However it seems like a vast majority of guys seem to ignore that, or if they are needy do it way too much which if you didn't know makes you look potentially dangerous than romantic. It's not really that hard to do, just do it when the thought crosses your mind if it's been a while since you've done it.

Don't think that I'm letting the girls off the hook either. I understand that there are less romantic things you can get a guy, for example I would look at my girlfriend as if she lost her mind if she got me Speedos as a present but the common technique of expecting me to spend a hundred dollars on jewelry and then a dinner when you've spent 30 dollars on what is the equivalent of Father's day tie. I'm not asking for equal spending but don't crucify me when you think I purchased what I gave you two days before Valentines when it's obvious that you have done the same thing.

for an unrelated note that I don't feel like making a post on separately I found a link that states that most women would give up sex for 15 months for new clothes because they often make them feel more sexy and confidant than a man. What's up with that? You solve one problem and then another one comes right up.

Flower arrangement that fly brought home for the table. :heart:
Aprils%20Shots%20023.jpg

The votives below
Aprils%20Shots%20028.jpg

The whole shibang, it's purdy.
Aprils%20Shots%20032.jpg

Fly cooking, wanting the camera out of his face for the billionth time
Aprils%20Shots%20048.jpg

The choppings.
Aprils%20Shots%20053.jpg

Bread and dipping oil... delish.
Aprils%20Shots%20055.jpg

The card he got his sister (me) says stuff about how I am like his sister, etc freaky shit like that
Aprils%20Shots%20057.jpg

The dinner he prepared, notice the shrimp are in the shape of hearts. awww
Aprils%20Shots%20062.jpg

Putting stuff on the table the fry looking things underneath is polenta. scrumptious!
Aprils%20Shots%20063.jpg

Dessert! Wonton wrappers filled with chocolate and placed with BLUEBELL icecream... not shown is the Port wine strawberry sauce that is drizzled on top
Aprils%20Shots%20078.jpg