Happy Turkey Day

Always end up with like 5 or 6 pumpkin pies after Thanksgiving. Disgusting shit. It's only good for throwing.

You have not had a properly made pumpkin pie. Made from real pumpkins and not that canned shit.

I don't go looking for pumpkin pies. They are always given as gifts. Or you bring people over and you get one. The crazy church next door even brought one, but it is probably laced with cyanide.

We only made 3 pies, a pumpkin, a cherry, and an apple. I can't stand pumpkin anything, but luckily every one else ate it before they left. I have about a third of an apple pie to eat still.

so now you like pie? :D

my parents and i do our own take on the green bean casserole. we sweat down some red onions, garlic, and cook the green beans in some rendered bacon fat and use the crisped bacon as the trivial-but-tasty topping. we toss the cooked veggies in a white wine, mustard, and lemon pepper dressing that we make. it's quite awesome :)
i do now. i'm chasing the dragon.

I hope all who did had some great days off work and a great feast with friends and/or family. I had a great day and now I have so many left overs this year...and I did not even host. How the heck did that happen? I have this delicious turtle pumpkin pie hanging out in the fridge...... it is so tempting to just grab a fork and eat it straight from the pie pan.

I hope all who did had some great days off work and a great feast with friends and/or family. I had a great day and now I have so many left overs this year...and I did not even host. How the heck did that happen? I have this delicious turtle pumpkin pie hanging out in the fridge...... it is so tempting to just grab a fork and eat it straight from the pie pan.
Stick around more, woman! :heart:

Never had pumpkin pie, can't imagine it being very nice though. Sorry!

You really don't taste the pumpkin though, since it's mostly other flavors in the pie, however you do taste the ginger, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, sugar, and molasses. Now imagine all those flavors baked into a pie that has the consistency of a cheesecake. A similar pie is the sweet potato pie.

Last edited:
Ya I think the only time Americans eat pumpkin is in pie. :fly:

It's sooo good with a scoop of vanilla BLUE BELL icecream.