Happy Turkey Day

I didn't take any pics as I was too busy cooking and preparing, but it was a lovely day filled with good friends and family and everything was delicious and we all ate too much.

I didn't do any cooking this year. Went to someone elses house. Had a nice day. Sorry no pics for you.

What's your fav. food?

I was assigned green bean casserole to bring to a group thanksgiving and a friend's place. it really is incredibly easy to make. i used to recipe on the cream of mushroom soup can. it differed slightly from the recipe on the container of french fried onions (which are delicious to munch on while you're making it).

I did not get pics, sorry. It was quite a spread when it all came together, though. The only thing missing was a decent traditional pie. I enjoyed the cheesecake and chocolate mousse pie but a standard pumpkin pie would have been nice. And I missed the bacon wrapped asparagus I get at a different thanksgiving dinner I used to attend.

I made Green bean casserole a couple years ago, I had never had it prior. It was gross. I'll never make it again.

I was assigned green bean casserole to bring to a group thanksgiving and a friend's place. it really is incredibly easy to make. i used to recipe on the cream of mushroom soup can. it differed slightly from the recipe on the container of french fried onions (which are delicious to munch on while you're making it).

I did not get pics, sorry. It was quite a spread when it all came together, though. The only thing missing was a decent traditional pie. I enjoyed the cheesecake and chocolate mousse pie but a standard pumpkin pie would have been nice. And I missed the bacon wrapped asparagus I get at a different thanksgiving dinner I used to attend.

so now you like pie? :D

my parents and i do our own take on the green bean casserole. we sweat down some red onions, garlic, and cook the green beans in some rendered bacon fat and use the crisped bacon as the trivial-but-tasty topping. we toss the cooked veggies in a white wine, mustard, and lemon pepper dressing that we make. it's quite awesome :)

so now you like pie? :D

my parents and i do our own take on the green bean casserole. we sweat down some red onions, garlic, and cook the green beans in some rendered bacon fat and use the crisped bacon as the trivial-but-tasty topping. we toss the cooked veggies in a white wine, mustard, and lemon pepper dressing that we make. it's quite awesome :)

man. talk about mouth-watering. :drool: