Thread Happy Thanksgiving

it’s the ONLY way a turkey should be made
J7CDx5I.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia
Turkey is overrated. If I'm going for an avian, I'd rather eat duck or Cornish hen. Turkey is just a tasteless blob whose only redeeming feature is being able to feed more per bird than the tastier options.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Turkey is overrated. If I'm going for an avian, I'd rather eat duck or Cornish hen. Turkey is just a tasteless blob whose only redeeming feature is being able to feed more per bird than the tastier options.

duck is gross. my mom loves duck.
cornish hens are delish!

OMG that body builder/strong man dude i was talking to/seeing earlier this year was ALLERGIC to all birds.

he’s never had any chicken in his life and i’m like EVEN CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP?! and he’s like nope. i have soup but no chicken in it.

he don’t eat chicken and i don’t eat red meat..no wonder it was never gonna last

I do turkey because that's what you're supposed to do for Thanksgiving I guess. Other folks seem to like it. I like the dark meat parts and the gravy.
Growing up holidays dinners were goose or duck. There's is no better birds than those.

I do turkey because that's what you're supposed to do for Thanksgiving I guess. Other folks seem to like it. I like the dark meat parts and the gravy.
Growing up holidays dinners were goose or duck. There's is no better birds than those.
I like red meat, but like, as an occasional treat. So, roasts for feast days, and chicken/fish/fake meat for other times.

Pheasant is my other favorite bird. Very rare treat these days. Expensive as hell when you can't just hunt them in your own back yard.

yeah I'm not a fan of poultry in general (but confoundingly, when I do eat it I tend to favor the dark meat). I can never tell my wonderful mother in law that, though, because she will absolutely go out of her way to make something else for me and I don't want to put her through the trouble. like, I don't PREFER it, but I'll eat a bit of it once a year to keep her from catching on. when she heard I was lactose intolerant, she started trying to make sure she had lots of extra dairy-free stuff for me and I had to gently explain that it just makes me poop, a lot, and suddenly, and that I appreciated what she was doing but that she didn't have to go through all that trouble because I am comfortable enough with them to poop in their bathroom(s) so I will totally eat their cheese.

Pheasant is my other favorite bird. Very rare treat these days. Expensive as hell when you can't just hunt them in your own back yard.
actually now that you mention it, my dislike for poultry might be because I grew up eating yard pheasant and factory farm chicken and turkey just doesn't hold a candle to it. I guess I'm like, hillbilly bougie or something :lol: hillbougie? bougebilly?

Yeah, I've had yardbird before, my friend who lives out in Corrales has loads of pheasant and quail that he just takes down with a .122 air rifle.

They're pretty good, man.

• Gravy
yeah I'm not a fan of poultry in general (but confoundingly, when I do eat it I tend to favor the dark meat). I can never tell my wonderful mother in law that, though, because she will absolutely go out of her way to make something else for me and I don't want to put her through the trouble. like, I don't PREFER it, but I'll eat a bit of it once a year to keep her from catching on. when she heard I was lactose intolerant, she started trying to make sure she had lots of extra dairy-free stuff for me and I had to gently explain that it just makes me poop, a lot, and suddenly, and that I appreciated what she was doing but that she didn't have to go through all that trouble because I am comfortable enough with them to poop in their bathroom(s) so I will totally eat their cheese.
You probably know this but my Mom has the same issue and there's some medication pill you can take 20-30 minutes before a meal if you know ahead of time there's going to be dairy you can't or won't avoid for whatever reason. Helps the poop thing quite a bit. Says it works good for her but I don't know the name of it.

You probably know this but my Mom has the same issue and there's some medication pill you can take 20-30 minutes before a meal if you know ahead of time there's going to be dairy you can't or won't avoid for whatever reason. Helps the poop thing quite a bit. Says it works good for her but I don't know the name of it.
ooooh yeah, maybe Lactaid? to be honest I've never tried it because I never remember to get it and if I did I wouldn't remember to take it ahead of time :lol: but I don't get cramps or pain or anything, mostly just rapid fire ass piss, so as long as I know where the bathrooms are and can get to one, I wing it.

• Gravy
actually now that you mention it, my dislike for poultry might be because I grew up eating yard pheasant and factory farm chicken and turkey just doesn't hold a candle to it. I guess I'm like, hillbilly bougie or something :lol: hillbougie? bougebilly?
Yup.
All the duck, fish, and pheasant, and occasionally some of the goose, in our freezer were wild, taken ourselves. We were living on high dollar free range gmo-free organic and never knew it, we just called it food.

the first time i ever celebrated thanksgiving was when i was 16.

we could take it or leave it. but now that i’ve been in canada for what seems like 200 years and i’m a mother here we have adapted to the gringos traditions

we have MANY times opted for a seafood bonanza instead of turkey cuz why the fuck not.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie