FYI Happy Thanksgibbing

at first glance I thought you spiral sliced a turkey. I think I need more sleep.

Sorry, should have posted it in the bacon thread. :D

Its a brined turkey, stuffed with apples and onions. Roasted right side up for 30 minutes to brown the skin, then flipped over and draped with bacon. It was pretty damn good. The gravy was AWESOME, except I didn't use enough flour in it (oops).

that sounds pretty bitchin' :cool:

It was awesome. Also made:

Pan gravy
Cornbread Stuffing
Stove Top Stuffing (my mom decided that she didn't like my stuffing this year)
Creamy Mashed Potatoes
Cranberry Sauce
Corm
Rolls
Pumpkin Bread Pudding (meh, recipe sucked or I did)
Dulce de Leche sauce for the bread pudding (it WAS good)
Sweet Potato Pie (my first and it was yummy)

We bought a fresh bird from Whole Foods this year it was great. You pick the local farm you want it from and you pick it up the day before. It's was super fresh and not frozen. It did smell super gamey so we kept it in the garage until we were ready to cook it. It was way better than any turkey I've had in the past from the store.

Since I pretty much despise Christmas, and Thanksgiving is the best holiday EVAR with my parents, I have a fail.

I despise Christmas too, but my family loves it so it works well that way. It would be nice to spend a Thanksgiving with them, but Zac cooks so well!!

we ordered in thanksgiving dinner. it was pretty damned good too! lulz
whole turkey and like 6 sides. the leftovers went to the doormen

We bought a fresh bird from Whole Foods this year it was great. You pick the local farm you want it from and you pick it up the day before. It's was super fresh and not frozen. It did smell super gamey so we kept it in the garage until we were ready to cook it. It was way better than any turkey I've had in the past from the store.

That's a good idea. Sadly, we have nothing like that where I'm from. Maybe I should order a fresh one from the internets next year. Hmmm....

we have a pretty neat service here at work where you can order a huge rubber bucket full of local organic veggies for $15 a week. if I cooked I would totally do that

We do the local veggie farm thing as well. We also have a milk man who delivers once a week. You can get local milk, cheese, eggs, and bread. It's all fresh and hormone free.

I took my kid to Burger King the other day for the first time and he ate 3 cheeseburgers. He was like "Their burgers are awesome." I just sat there and blankfaced him in amazement.