GAY "Happy" Pride

Marriage is not a constitutionally-defined right but rather a court-interpreted right, subject to review from future court cases.

Same, interestingly, with equal rights for women, etc. The Civil Rights Act is a law that interprets and clarifies the constitution, but doesn't not explicitly give equal rights to all people. That was supposed to be added by the Equal Rights Amendment, a constitutional amendment defining legal rights regardless of sex. This basic addition is still not legal.

So, unfortunately, all of this can be taken away quite quickly/easily.
JESUS DAVE.. hi TO YOU!!

• Love
Reactions: fly
Dave, if you guys are doing pride stuff outside this weekend be mindful of the heat
gonna be 100+ outside
Cant imagine a leather daddys gonna fare too well when its like that
I haven't been to Pride in years. Doubtful I am going this year, especially now. But thanks for the look out.

I more fear the furry groups and rubber groups more than the leather daddies. Chaps can breathe.

The laws are still on the books in Texas. The court ruling before was that Texas couldnt' exercise those laws. This ruling, however, means that if someone tried to exercise the laws now, and it was disputed up to USSC, using the same ruling as today, the previous court rulings would be thrown out and let the state's law stand, which in Texas would outlaw homosexual behavior and same-sex marriage. For decades Texans can't get a hearing to even more those laws from the books so it's not like it's a done-deal.
texas is not a sane state.

Try driving through rural texas
crazy amped up to 10
Only place I never ever want to drive through again, I-40, Texas, 2008

I was driving to California for a TDY, Hurricane Ike was about to fuck the coast raw, so at Hwy 231 I had to divert north to St Louis and get on I-40.
All was fine, all was well.
Then I got to Texas. Pretty enough in its own right I guess, but desolate. Then I needed to get gas. Pulled off the interstate (no exit ramps along that stretch of I-40, you just pull off with no place to slow down) and headed into some unnamed hellmouth of a town. Mix between Hills Have Eyes and Tull from the first Dark Tower novel. Middle of the '08 recession so damned near everything in town was shuttered. The only thing moving in the town were old people turning their heads to watch me as I drove past because I was the only thing obviously alive in town. Dead dog in the middle of the road no one had done anything about. Fucking creepy.

Fuel and park the truck, for some reason I felt the need to put my hand in my pocket to make sure my pistol was there; walked into this general store/feed store/gas station to grab something to hold me over till I get to the next town with some semblance of life. I grab some doritos and a pepsi and wander back through the aisles and find this old man at the register. Wasn't there when I went in, didn't hear him moving around to get where he was, just there.
Skin dry and cracked like old leather. Strange smell to him that hit me even across the counter. Resinous? Rotten leather and cotton. Kind of waxy. He didn't say anything, looked at the stuff I had on the counter and hit a button on the register. I swiped my card and looked up and he was grinning at me. Unsettling doesn't begin to explain it.

Got in the truck and hauled ass. Opened the soda and took a swig, immediately spat it out of the window. Tasted foul, just... bad, wrong somehow. I threw everything I had picked up from the store out the window and floored it till I got to New Mexico.

Couldn't pay me enough to go back there.

Only place I never ever want to drive through again, I-40, Texas, 2008

I was driving to California for a TDY, Hurricane Ike was about to fuck the coast raw, so at Hwy 231 I had to divert north to St Louis and get on I-40.
All was fine, all was well.
Then I got to Texas. Pretty enough in its own right I guess, but desolate. Then I needed to get gas. Pulled off the interstate (no exit ramps along that stretch of I-40, you just pull off with no place to slow down) and headed into some unnamed hellmouth of a town. Mix between Hills Have Eyes and Tull from the first Dark Tower novel. Middle of the '08 recession so damned near everything in town was shuttered. The only thing moving in the town were old people turning their heads to watch me as I drove past because I was the only thing obviously alive in town. Dead dog in the middle of the road no one had done anything about. Fucking creepy.

Fuel and park the truck, for some reason I felt the need to put my hand in my pocket to make sure my pistol was there; walked into this general store/feed store/gas station to grab something to hold me over till I get to the next town with some semblance of life. I grab some doritos and a pepsi and wander back through the aisles and find this old man at the register. Wasn't there when I went in, didn't hear him moving around to get where he was, just there.
Skin dry and cracked like old leather. Strange smell to him that hit me even across the counter. Resinous? Rotten leather and cotton. Kind of waxy. He didn't say anything, looked at the stuff I had on the counter and hit a button on the register. I swiped my card and looked up and he was grinning at me. Unsettling doesn't begin to explain it.

Got in the truck and hauled ass. Opened the soda and took a swig, immediately spat it out of the window. Tasted foul, just... bad, wrong somehow. I threw everything I had picked up from the store out the window and floored it till I got to New Mexico.

Couldn't pay me enough to go back there.
Reads like a Stephen king session of a town. Makes me think specifically of the stand

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh