GAY Happy Pi Day

Any number expressed with more than one symbol is technically modulo math.

I bet in a parallel universe humans have 16 fingers, everyone thinks in hexadecimal and computers are a lot easier to work with.

Any number expressed with more than one symbol is technically modulo math.

I bet in a parallel universe humans have 16 fingers, everyone thinks in hexadecimal and computers are a lot easier to work with.
or in that universe, computers are made of some other logic, and are base 10 or base 7 or something else.

And in that parallel universe, they use dvorak keyboards.

Now if only I could teleport that one co-worker to that other universe, so he'd shut the fuck up.

i kinda wish i learned to type on dvorak.

It makes little difference in the grand scheme of things, but still.

Since this is a mathy thread, imma post this here

https://www.quantamagazine.org/20160313-mathematicians-discover-prime-conspiracy/

if true, this is actually a huge deal. Prime numbers, by their very nature are considered to be completely random, but these two dudes found a bit of predictability in specific primes (ending in 9). The next prime is significantly more likely to end in 1, than 9. Sure theres still a ton of primes that could end in 3, or 7 (large primes can only end in 1, 3, 7, or 9), but thats half the problem space carved away.

If you're searching for the next big prime, especially if its a mersenne prime, you can have a ridiculously higher chance of finding it, by eliminating all the numbers that dont end in 1.

eventually we're going to do the wrong math problem and accidentally open the admin console

eventually we're going to do the wrong math problem and accidentally open the admin console
Then we will find a way into our programmer's uber-advanced 3d printers, download our best fighting men and women and hold onto all of the manufacturing sites of their worlds.
Then they will become our worlds

• Gravy
Reactions: my little brony