Thread Happy news for America

My parents decided they are done with winter and are in the process of finding jobs and selling house and moving to AZ. Their ideal location is about 90 min from Phoenix (Sedona for those that know it), but it will be awesome having them close again.

Granted half the Utah sisters will hate me for a few years for "taking my parents away from them". But who cares, I live in a different state and only see them once a year.

My parents decided they are done with winter and are in the process of finding jobs and selling house and moving to AZ. Their ideal location is about 90 min from Phoenix (Sedona for those that know it), but it will be awesome having them close again.

Granted half the Utah sisters will hate me for a few years for "taking my parents away from them". But who cares, I live in a different state and only see them once a year.

Sedona looks awesome. To visit.

Sedona looks awesome. To visit.

They are old (50, so Shali's age), who at age old wouldn't want to live in a vacation spot?

They won't actually live in Sedona, they'll pick one of the surrounding towns. They like it cause it's warmer but not 120 phoenix hot and is much smaller then Phoenix. My dad doesn't deal well if there are multiple stop lights withing 5 miles of each other.

We had a couple of friends who were close to their families move back to Chicago. They're now trying to move back. :lol: Family is overrated. They're great to see every once in a while, but friends are more fun. lesson++

I know American families might be overrated, but my family kicks ass..

That's exactly what my sister would cry about when my parents lived over here. Now that they've moved back, I bitch to her about this..

Yeah, but do you want to hang out with them all the time? I don't think you guys need family, you just need some good friends your age to hang out with.

We did when they were here. Even lived with them while we looked for our first place back in '03. Never got sick of it. Their place was this huge ass place in a high rise that overlooked the pentagon. They inhabited the opposite end. We never knew if they were home unless we went out looking.
But yea, it's not like they were our prime source of entertainment, just that they are extremely tolerable.

We need them. Period.

We did when they were here. Even lived with them while we looked for our first place back in '03. Never got sick of it. Their place was this huge ass place in a high rise that overlooked the pentagon. They inhabited the opposite end. We never knew if they were home unless we went out looking.
But yea, it's not like they were our prime source of entertainment, just that they are extremely tolerable.

We need them. Period.

So it was awesome that you rarely saw them. Got it.

My family, with the exception of my bro, lives within 10 miles of each other. My parents are mid 60s now, so it's my pleasure to spend time with them while I still can. Doesn't bug me at all. My mom is a hobbit, but I like to take my dad and my kid on road trips.