Happy Memorial Day!

b_sinning

Erect Member
Nov 22, 2004
Savannah, GA
Marklar
₥10
Happy Memorial Day!

Memorial Day, originally called Decoration Day, is a day of remembrance for those who have died in our nation's service.

History of it -> http://www.usmemorialday.org/backgrnd.html

It doesn't matter if you agree with the current war or not. We all still have to respect and remember the people that died in service to their country.

Let's also remember those of us poor suckers that are stuck at work while the rest of you are drinking and enjoying grilling out. Post pics so we'll remember how much fun it is to be off work too.

We went up the mountains and rode 4 wheelers, went fishing, and tormented, I mean, caught frogs.

392465b6e01c71f8.jpg

392465b6e01c951d.jpg

I slept til 2pm. Got up and no one was home. Decided eating a bowl of cereal while sitting in the new swing out on the deck would be a novel idea. Cat (Apollo) agreed. We sat and ate and chilled. Then we both decided a nap would be nice, so we both took one (me on the swing, him on me).

Later, that afternoon after everyone got home, a 3ft rattlesnake decided to try and attack my child while he fixed his bike in the back yard. Then it tried to attack my cat (Apollo again) when it tried to find out what was going on. I took 2 blurry pictures of it (since my heart was pounding from trying to get my cat away from the snake). Then my dad killed it, we saved the rattle (for whatever reason).

Oh, and we won our last ballgame; because the other team couldn't wrangle up enough players :lol:.

It was a great day.

I stayed at home because my allergies were killing me from being up in the mountains over the weekend. I played The Godfather on the 360, watched Borat, and lifted weights. Not bad I guess.

spangelet and i went to a (hot-air) balloon glow on saturday night and saw for the first time the energizer bunny balloon, which is taller than the statue of liberty. then my family grilled out on sunday and we went swimming on monday. it was a good weekend.