Happy Independence Day!

eileenbunny

Druish Princess
May 25, 2005
Columbia, Maryland, United States
Marklar
₥3,338
Today was supposed to be great. We were going to go to the 4th of July festivities in DC. My brother-in-law is in the Navy band, so we got VIP tickets to sit under a tent at the mall, watch the band play and see the fireworks and whatnot. DC has some of the best fireworks I've ever seen. Sadly, my pregnant sister got really sick yesturday, I got strep throat, and my sister and her husband had to move in to their new house. So now we aren't doing anything except probably wandering to the Columbia lakefront to watch some fireworks.

So what are you all up to today?

Playing battlefield. Since I have been going to school it has given time for fly to rank past me.

I CANNOT LET THIS HAPPEN.

I'm kind of a 4th of july scrooge due to many attempts in atlanta...every year it creates insane many mile long gridlock to wherever you are trying to see them...I gave up after wasting years of my life in traffic for this day...that's for suckers

edit: going to cook out at my dad's house in stone mountain and then hit some bars with buddies

Last edited:
I'm a sucker for fireworks. I knew that going to DC for the fourth meant that I would be stuck in a 3-4 hour long line to get back on the metro when the events were over, but I just didn't care. At least I can walk to the Columbia fireworks.

I'm working onsite with a Client this week in Charlotte but Blondie is back in Savannah :(

I hit the bars last night, just woke up a few minutes ago. In a couple of hours I'm going golfing with some friends and then later on I'm going to a movie with one of Blondie's old friends.

Any chick that wants to go see Transformers is A-OK in my book :D

I wanna go see Transformers. I hope it doesn't suck. I heard the new Die Hard movie was excellent. I'm not sure I believe it, but I'll probably go see it anyway.

Also, if Knyte or Kiwi sees this, please tell me if there are any black mormons in this world. Are they allowed in your religion?

I'm a sucker for fireworks. I knew that going to DC for the fourth meant that I would be stuck in a 3-4 hour long line to get back on the metro when the events were over, but I just didn't care. At least I can walk to the Columbia fireworks.

I saw them while sitting near the Washington Monument. There is nothing more American than that. I was probably 10, but still vividly remember it. :cool:

We are sitting at home wondering if it will ever stop raining! I feel like I live in Seattle.

I'm blowing up stuff with my sister and some of our friends. I think she expects me to grill too (which would be cool).