Thread Happy day after solstice day!

you weren't either when you said that nonsense in the first place :p

???

The whole premise of those movies and the point they are getting across (and explicitly tell you) is to eat freshly cooked food (you can see the old woman making the tortillas from scratch at this restaurant) and eat foods locally harvested instead of from massive science labs that McD's gets their food from (this place gets their food locally from farmer's markets). Even more than that, they recycle their cooking oil to local biodiesel centers. I am following EXACTLY what these movies recommended. I couldn't tell you the last time I have had fast food. The few times we go out for food, they are to places that either promise local food items, they are made for you in front of you so you know what's going in it.

Hardly nonsense. Watch the movies/shows.

???

The whole premise of those movies and the point they are getting across (and explicitly tell you) is to eat freshly cooked food (you can see the old woman making the tortillas from scratch at this restaurant) and eat foods locally harvested instead of from massive science labs that McD's gets their food from (this place gets their food locally from farmer's markets). Even more than that, they recycle their cooking oil to local biodiesel centers. I am following EXACTLY what these movies recommended. I couldn't tell you the last time I have had fast food. The few times we go out for food, they are to places that either promise local food items, they are made for you in front of you so you know what's going in it.

:blah:

???

so i guess you'll be switching from imported beers to homebrew then?

so i guess you'll be switching from imported beers to homebrew then?

Yes.

Or microbrew. St Arnolds locally is quite good.

Chim absolutely refuses to drink anything from AB InBev. He will leave parties if that's all they have, honestly.

And I can go into ridiculous detail about what Great Lakes Brewing does.

Last edited:
Yes.

Or microbrew. St Arnolds locally is quite good.

Chim absolutely refuses to drink anything from AB InBev. He will leave parties if that's all they have, honestly.

cool, just make sure they source their hops and stuff locally... ;)

no one likes a preachy pseudo know-it-all :p

smurfs1-27.jpg

cool, just make sure they source their hops and stuff locally... ;)

Like I said, I can go into detail with Great Lake Brewing. They do that. And the spend grains are used as fertilizer for their own farm for their restaurant ingredients and for feed for the local animal farms for the restaurant's meats.

Their delivery trucks run on the biodiesel or SVO made from the restaurant's fryers.

Their restaurant is built out of recycled materials and corn-byproducts with hay (surprisingly) for insulation.

I can keep going if you like.

Oh, and they sponsor this. http://www.burningriverfest.org/

Like I said, I can go into detail with Great Lake Brewing. They do that. And the spend grains are used as fertilizer for their own farm for their restaurant ingredients and for feed for the local animal farms for the restaurant's meats.

Their delivery trucks run on the biodiesel or SVO made from the restaurant's fryers.

Their restaurant is built out of recycled materials and corn-byproducts with hay (surprisingly) for insulation.

I can keep going if you like.

Oh, and they sponsor this. http://www.burningriverfest.org/

They lost at "trucks", unless they're delivering the brew with donkeys and handmade carts from deadfall, it's all for naught.

They lost at "trucks", unless they're delivering the brew with donkeys and handmade carts from deadfall, it's all for naught.

You do remember the only place you have ever seen me in real life was there, right? And you besmirch them like this? :(