Happy Birthday, Grandpa

just like kiwi said, it's sometimes hard to coax the facts out of these people...I've seen pics from him in WWII with his outfit and I know for a fact he was a paratrooper...seen his honorable discharge papers even *shrug*

If I was to guess. I would say that he was a part of the 503 PIR which did do combat jumps in the Pacific during WWII.:heart:

Awesome post man!!!

My grandfather also lied about his age and joined when he was 16 years old. He was an anti-aircraft gunner and had many many kills under his belt. He never liked to talk about the war but every once in awhile he would share a story or two with me. I also have all of the money he collected from when he was over there fighting, its really neat. My grandma keeps all of his medals but one day I am going to put all of it together in a tribute for him.

I am not sure if this is the model but this looks like what he used to operate...

PAPERWARS__DeathMachines_antiaircraft02.jpg

Awesome post man!!!

My grandfather also lied about his age and joined when he was 16 years old. He was an anti-aircraft gunner and had many many kills under his belt. He never liked to talk about the war but every once in awhile he would share a story or two with me. I also have all of the money he collected from when he was over there fighting, its really neat. My grandma keeps all of his medals but one day I am going to put all of it together in a tribute for him.

I am not sure if this is the model but this looks like what he used to operate...

PAPERWARS__DeathMachines_antiaircraft02.jpg
I want to mount that on my car and attach it to a remote gun control computer . :drool:

I want to mount that on my car and attach it to a remote gun control computer . :drool:

hahahahahaha

Road rage??? :fly:

A guy at one of my old off-site office used to ride around with a huge machine gun mounted to his brand new hummer. I assume it was non-operational but wow was that an eye turner!

Big ass yellow hummer on 22's with a giant gun and armor plating coming out the roof... ridiculous :fly: