Hawt Happy Birfday Amurika

I welcome the smoke. Makes the house smell awesome.
A little is OK. But the volume of smoke from a good seared steak is a little more than needed. In fact, for me, when I pan fry breakfast sausage to get a nice browning on it - even with the exhaust hood on - I need to put a table fan on the ground on high & aim it up at the smoke detector at the edge of the kitchen to keep the fumes away from it.

That said, that I can think of off the top of my head, it really only happens when I have meat that needs a great sear or great browning on it.

A little is OK. But the volume of smoke from a good seared steak is a little more than needed. In fact, for me, when I pan fry breakfast sausage to get a nice browning on it - even with the exhaust hood on - I need to put a table fan on the ground on high & aim it up at the smoke detector at the edge of the kitchen to keep the fumes away from it.

That said, that I can think of off the top of my head, it really only happens when I have meat that needs a great sear or great browning on it.

I just take the battery out of the smoke detector. Problem solved.

OMG. If I could I absolutely would. Our building codes, for at least 20 yrs say that they need to be hard wired.

Are the wires welded on with kryptonite or something? I bet they'll disconnect too.

Are the wires welded on with kryptonite or something? I bet they'll disconnect too.
Did that & the security co that does annual checks came by within hrs. "Sir, there's a problem with one of your smoke detectors." me: Yeah, the fucker goes off all the time. them: "No. It's either defective or disconnected. May we come in to check it?"

:confused:

I got in trouble. . .

Did that & the security co that does annual checks came by within hrs. "Sir, there's a problem with one of your smoke detectors." me: Yeah, the fucker goes off all the time. them: "No. It's either defective or disconnected. May we come in to check it?"

I got in trouble. . .
Knock it off with a baseball bat, Krazy glue it back, cook the steak quick.
Should work 3 or 4 times before security catches on.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel

I got in trouble. . .

That is absolute tyranny. You should move out of North Korea.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes and Amstel

I got in trouble. . .
trouble with who?

they are 120v ac. you might not wanna go manhandling them while live.

Big deal. Hold the wire by the insulation and the screwdriver by the handle, everybody knows that. Pain in the ass shutting off whole circuits just to work on a little couple minute something or other.

trouble with who?
Security co said that I can't tamper with the smoke detectors. Something about townhomes, not just me, extended liability, a fire could bring down the neighborhood, bla bla bla. "eeets for everyones safety."

Apparently there are 'less sensitive' ones I can replace it with but $, & I'm hoping to find my farm before investing $ in a rental. & tbh, I'm not sure if the less sensitive ones are less sensitive enough.

Security co said that I can't tamper with the smoke detectors. Something about townhomes, not just me, extended liability, a fire could bring down the neighborhood, bla bla bla. "eeets for everyones safety."

Apparently there are 'less sensitive' ones I can replace it with but $, & I'm hoping to find my farm before investing $ in a rental. & tbh, I'm not sure if the less sensitive ones are less sensitive enough.

Idk about the sensitivity but hanging a wet rag on it while you're cooking might help.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
And then if a fire happens and he kills everyone in the building...

Yeah but how often does that happen really. You'd have a better chance of getting killed by a lightening bolt hurled by a terrorist on his way to work after his chute didn't open.