Hawt Happy Birfday Amurika

We were going to grill pizza in the charcoal oven grill tonight for dinner, but it rained. And it's gonna rain all day tomorrow too. Boo.

Tomorrow three other triathletes and I are heading to a park east of Baltimore to do a "4th of JuTRI". I think the format is 45min open water swim, 60min bike ride, 30min run, weather-dependent. Furthest distance covered wins :) of course I have to get up at 5:30 for this, but it's just like any other race day.

• Gravy
Reactions: pacojas
I left Newburgh in 1999 after they started rebuilding the waterfront. I was in a band that played one of the waterfront clubs.
Can't imagine what it's like now.
The ex lives there.
Exes and wives are matter and anti matter.
Things blow up if they combine.

yo nukes, you talking about the club/restaurant in that big "docked" boat?!! i sat in with a band one night while i was visiting the family one summer. what a night that was!!! ;)

We were going to grill pizza in the charcoal oven grill tonight for dinner, but it rained. And it's gonna rain all day tomorrow too. Boo.

Tomorrow three other triathletes and I are heading to a park east of Baltimore to do a "4th of JuTRI". I think the format is 45min open water swim, 60min bike ride, 30min run, weather-dependent. Furthest distance covered wins :) of course I have to get up at 5:30 for this, but it's just like any other race day.

i love this woman's grit and determination! :)

• Gravy
Reactions: Mrs. Valve
YEQmkOJ.gif

Did steaks. Im getting to be a goddamn pro at steaks in a cast iron pan. They turn out better than on a grill every single time.

Heat is heat.

I heat up the pan to like 800 degrees on one of these

portable-gas-stove-butane-burner-with-1-range.jpg

Looks lame, but gets hot as fuck. Then sear 2 minutes on each side @ 1 inch steaks for just shy of medium rare.

Also, keeps the smoke outta my kitchen, and is so much easier than firing up the giant grill.

Smoked 2 hoglegs on Sunday and got a huge pan full of pulled pork. Been eating that, homemade potato salad and watermelon every meal since. Gonna freeze the rest for an instant heat up BBQ dinner some other day.

• Gravy
Reactions: Strings and nukes
its electric, and electric is complete bullshit.

Also, steaks smoke like crazy if you're doin in right, and id rather not have my house filled with smoke (no vent hood)

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
its electric, and electric is complete bullshit.

Also, steaks smoke like crazy if you're doin in right, and id rather not have my house filled with smoke (no vent hood)
true about steak smoking. Also, even with a vent hood, it still gets in the house. Unless your vent hood creates a wind tunnel like environment, you'll get smoke inside if you're doing it right.

true about steak smoking. Also, even with a vent hood, it still gets in the house. Unless your vent hood creates a wind tunnel like environment, you'll get smoke inside if you're doing it right.

I welcome the smoke. Makes the house smell awesome.

I welcome the smoke. Makes the house smell awesome.

yeah.... we just rewired all our ceiling fans, and after taking the kitchen fan down and finding a completely uncleanable 1/8th inch layer of grease on top of the blades... nope. Had to replace the blades.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
yeah.... we just rewired all our ceiling fans, and after taking the kitchen fan down and finding a completely uncleanable 1/8th inch layer of grease on top of the blades... nope. Had to replace the blades.

TIL when robots blow their load, they don't care where it lands.