Happy Bastille Day

Sarcasmo said:
You fgts, without the French we might not have a country. Read up on your Revolutionary history.
True but we repaid that debt in 1944. That's not to say America owes its' existance to General LaFayette but still...no reason for them to forget the fact that without American forces "invading" a country they'd all be speaking German.

FlyNavy said:
True but we repaid that debt in 1944. That's not to say America owes its' existance to General LaFayette but still...no reason for them to forget the fact that without American forces "invading" a country they'd all be speaking German.

I don't view things as tit-for-tat debts or repayment of those debts. That's breaking it down to a very elementary (read: shallow) level. I prefer to look at it as people helping people in a time of dire need. Without the French we would have been pressed into disarray numerous times during the Revolutionary War. They literally carried us to victory on many occasions, when we were too beaten and bloodied to continue. They pummeled British ground forces and even an entire British naval fleet. LaFayette, de Grasse and Rochambeau were indispensable.

When people say things like "screw the french" or whatever, what they mean to say is "screw the policy makers or the outspoken assholes I don't agree with". So if they mean to say that, why don't they just say it, as opposed to claiming to dislike an entire nationality of people they know nothing about? I've been to France many times, and was only treated crappily by a few jerks. And we have plenty of those in the U.S., too.

I'm just saying.

:heart: the French

Last edited:
Sarcasmo said:
So if they mean to say that, why don't they just say it, as opposed to claiming to dislike an entire nationality of people they know nothing about?
Because they're fucking French. Frack the frogs!

Thanks Thrawn. And Happy B-Day to you erage even tho I have never spoken to you...and if I have I was more than likely intoxicated.:chikken: cheers

Wink'a'smooch said:
Thanks Thrawn. And Happy B-Day to you erage even tho I have never spoken to you...and if I have I was more than likely intoxicated.:chikken: cheers

I am semi-conscious but try to avoid getting booted from the bar this time.

thrawn said:
I am semi-conscious but try to avoid getting booted from the bar this time.
:fly: Wasn't my fault...I did not intend to start a mosh pit and Brooke was the one who threw the damn water bottle with a security guard behind us.:tard:

Wink'a'smooch said:
:fly: Wasn't my fault...I did not intend to start a mosh pit and Brooke was the one who threw the damn water bottle with a security guard behind us.:tard:

And this is the person you offered for living arrangements? :fly:

InnerMuse said:
Happy... uuuhh... something-or-other birthday Big E little rage.:heart:

To comment on Sarcasmo's for-the-French comments, from what I've heard, the Parisians snub their noses at us. I could be entirely wrong.

I've been to Paris a million times. Yes there are some who even refuse to serve Americans and what not, but it's not because they hate the commoners, it's because they hate the politics. Most people in the city don't give a shit. In fact I'd say that only .0000168% of the population actually DOES give a shit.

Wait, I calculated that wrong. That should be a 2 on the end.