Happily Ever Afters

I'm not complaining at all about my place in life or my situation but personally, no I don't. People say it will come but I its been coming for so long I doubt it.

I love falling in love. That is the easy part. It is the staying in love that is the hard part. Yes, it may be easier for some couples, but there is still a lot of work that needs to be put into a relationship in order to make it work and for the love to keep growing.

As for true love, I think it is out there, but I think it is only found if you are willing and capable of truly loving someone else. Being able to love someone freely and without expectations or boundaries....that is true love. It is just extra special when you find someone who can love you back, the same unlimited way.

I love falling in love. That is the easy part. It is the staying in love that is the hard part. Yes, it may be easier for some couples, but there is still a lot of work that needs to be put into a relationship in order to make it work and for the love to keep growing.

As for true love, I think it is out there, but I think it is only found if you are willing and capable of truly loving someone else. Being able to love someone freely and without expectations or boundaries....that is true love. It is just extra special when you find someone who can love you back, the same unlimited way.

Dead on. :)

Never once as a child did I think I would be closing in on 30 in an apartment with a kid out of wedlock and still trying to decide whether or not to give lawschool a go, no.

First off, congrats to the theacsesessessss. :heart:

I totally believe in it- yes it's tough and it takes work but I believe it can be true. The unfortunate part about the "hapily ever after" stories we are taught as a child, is that you are not told that in order to have that happiness you have to WORK for it.

I love FB and can't bear the thoughts of not being with him (how cliche I know). I look forward to expanding our family someday soon :)

Congrats, and I hope the celebration is a blast! :)

As for the question... Happily Ever After.... after what? All of the stories have a definitive confrontation that must be overcome and then the people are happy from then on out. If that is the case, shouldn't people seek out the ultimate confrontations for themselves? And since we all die, can anyone remain truly happy forever?

In short, I guess the answer is no, I don't believe in them.

I don't believe in storybook endings. I absolutely love my wife and would do anything for her, but I'm a realist in knowing that there's going to be bad days in our marriage, days that we'll no doubt pull through. Happily EVER after? No, but happily together always, yes.

Congrats on 5 years!

Do you believe in them? When you were a child envisioning your future, is this where you thought you would be now?

Today I'm celebrating 5 wondrous years of marriage with theac. Everything may not be perfect in my life, but my marriage is better than I dreamed it could be. :heart:

Congratulations Pandora & Theac. :heart: :heart: :heart:

My parents made it to 33 years before my mother scummed to her illness.