Happily Ever Afters

Pandora

Flaccid Member
Oct 19, 2004
Atlanta GA!
skewed.textamerica.com
Marklar
₥0
Do you believe in them? When you were a child envisioning your future, is this where you thought you would be now?

Today I'm celebrating 5 wondrous years of marriage with theac. Everything may not be perfect in my life, but my marriage is better than I dreamed it could be. :heart:

I always saw my parents has being in love so I never doubted that it was there growing up. Luckily (here comes the mushy part) I found it too. 2.5 years of the honeymoon phase so far!

Congratulations on five years. :heart:

I saw my parents in love too. At least that's what I was told to believe it was. turned out to not be quite true.

My mother sure doesn't believe in happily ever after. I don't expect anything will change my mind either.

I believe in somewhat Happily Ever After. My favorite book is "The Princess Bride," and part of the reason that I love it is that when Wesley and Buttercup are riding off into the sunset the author says that life isn't perfect. He said they get lost, Wesley's horse loses his shoe, they bicker . . .

I think we hype up romance and love so much that when we actually get the real thing it seems subpar. I hope that I find a person that I can be with for the next 50 years without getting all stabby.

there are some things I would like to be different but overall I can't complain with where I am

It takes a certain kind of match up to make things happily ever after. You can't pair an arguer with a arguer.

Certain personality types seem to be incapable of handling a "forever" relationship.

Next week my wife and I will be celebrating 14 years of marriage.
You got to work at happily ever after but its worth it.

Next week my wife and I will be celebrating 14 years of marriage.
You got to work at happily ever after but its worth it.

I agree, marriage is a lot of hard work but def worth it. I think anyone can find a happily ever after if they truly want it. We are also celebrating five years this fall and I am more in love with Knyte now then ever.

I believe in somewhat Happily Ever After. My favorite book is "The Princess Bride," and part of the reason that I love it is that when Wesley and Buttercup are riding off into the sunset the author says that life isn't perfect. He said they get lost, Wesley's horse loses his shoe, they bicker . . .

I think we hype up romance and love so much that when we actually get the real thing it seems subpar. I hope that I find a person that I can be with for the next 50 years without getting all stabby.

Nothing in life is perfect. The Cinderella love stories we learn as children certainly don't help us in developing a realisic perspective on love. The Princess Bride is a great story tho. There have certainly been times when theac and I have gotten lost and bickered. But we work things out and get back on the horse. :)

I'm definitely happy in my relationship with Kimie, and have never once doubted, second-guessed, or regretted my decision in getting married to her or having children with her.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the congrats you guys. We had wanted to celebrate by renewing our vowes where we were married, but alas I could not take the time away from work. As I said, everything isn't perfect in my life, but my marriage is pretty friggn awesome.

Yays to teh happliy ever afters!

I also had a great example of what a good relationship is like. My parents had the best one I've ever seen. IBWIP and I started out a bit rocky, but we will be celebrating 5 years together this fall too. I feel really lucky that I get to spend every day with him. Nothing is perfect, but I like it anyway.

Happy anniversary Scott and Angie!

Thanks for all the congrats you guys. We had wanted to celebrate by renewing our vowes where we were married, but alas I could not take the time away from work. As I said, everything isn't perfect in my life, but my marriage is pretty friggn awesome.

Yays to teh happliy ever afters!

Where did you guys get married?

Where did you guys get married?

We said our "I do"s in St. Augstine Florida. We were a bit rushed to make our reservation, but it was a beautiful ceremony. Just us, the notery and Eric Clapton playing for us in the background. *gush* It was soooo romanticle. :heart: I honestly can't believe it's been 5 years already. Time flys when you're in love I guess. :D

We said our "I do"s in St. Augstine Florida. We were a bit rushed to make our reservation, but it was a beautiful ceremony. Just us, the notery and Eric Clapton playing for us in the background. *gush* It was soooo romanticle. :heart: I honestly can't believe it's been 5 years already. Time flys when you're in love I guess. :D

Did you elope or just wanted it to be you guys?