Hangovers at work.

Ryokurin said:
Fruit Juice. your hung over because you are basically dried out.

The grandopening of the Microcenter I used to work at I was hung over as it happened the day after my birthday. felt like total garbage until I was able to drink 1/2 gal or OJ.
Hangovers are both dehydration and withdrawl along side some sleep deprivation. Sodium helps retain the water you're injesting, so drinking gatorade or something like that which is made for quick fluid retension is ideal... also to help with the withdrawl part, you can go the "hair of the dog that bit you" route or you can stock up on carbs, that does help, and the greasy food stuff just helps push everything through your system. No matter how soundly you sleep when you're drunk, alcohol messes with your alpha waves or something and prevents you from getting the good REM sleep, so no matter how long you sleep for, as long as you still have alcohol in your system, you won't be getting restful sleep. Naps help with that. (Or caffeine if you're so inclined, I can't do caffeine as it only makes me shaky and feel ill)

Most of my hangovers I can deal with without taking any Advil. Only when I wake up still drunk do I know it's going to be a bad bad... bad bad day. :(

gottoys? said:
good plan :fly: , just get all your coworkers use to seeing you in that condition.

It's also better if your coworkers are hung over along with you. Misery deserves company.
A couple times a month I call in with "One of my headaches again"... this simply means I'm too hungover to drive to work.

That is the day I was used to quite commonly at my old job. It was cool because I was never worried about driving to work. Of course, that was also back when I was in good shape and could process alcohol a lot better. Nowdays 7 or so beers knocks me pretty flat. :(

gottoys? said:
Candy is the queen of Friday morning hangovers! She taught me well. I would rather go to work Friday with a hangover then waste my Sunday or Saturdays with hangovers.

Lots of water and aspirin ... tell coworkers your sick (flu\cold) so they leave you alone for the most part. :fly:

I have learned to drink tons of water and take two aspirins before going to sleep after a night drinking and then as soon as you awake take more aspirins and drink water non-stock. A big greasy hamburger is good for lunch - unless of course you are real bad then just bread may help absorb the poisions. :fly:

HA! I was ready to suggest a Big Mac and I read this! You are a good learner! I have been known to lay on the floor in my office with the door closed. Now I "go home for lunch" and try and nap. When I worked for a big compnay in Tampa we had a parking garage under the building so I would go turn the A/C on in my car, set my alarm, and nap there with the chair reclined. It was nice and dark since it was underground.

Now, its just not worth it.