Halp Halp! Kitchenaid Mixer Peepoles!

Applesauce

The Gypsy-The Acid Queen
Dec 9, 2008
Marklar
₥3,143
K, so my Beeday is coming up & even tho my lovely husband would like to get me a new phone, I couldn't care less about getting it right now, to be honest. (Christmas?). I know he is disappoint, but it really is MY beeday, right? Anyway, I really want a Kitchenaid mixer. I've hemmed & hawed for years, then forgot about it. But now, I'm really interested in making my own stuff, as much as possible, besides just baking.

So, I need advice on which one to get, with keeping the following in mind, as I'm a simpleton:

• No, standard, base model, simply because they don't come in Cobalt Blue. :fly:
  • Don't think I need the pro model, because I'm rarely going to be doing huge ass batches of whatever.
  • Yes, tilt head design
  • Simply want an auto mixer so I can ditch the handheld, & handle larger batches than a handheld would.

This leaves...the others.

??Do all of them have a "funnel" to add ingredients while the mixer is working away, or is that an extra on less capacity models??
??I saw one with a glass bowl...anyone??

Also, I saw one that has a longer neck. What's the point/advantage of this over the others. Necessary?

I are all kinds of confused. :confused: So please halp.

Last edited:
One I bought the ladybutt came with a funnel (even though we never use it), hers is the Artisan model (don't know if that helps or not)

I would go against the glass bowl, reason being sometimes you have to beat something while in a chilled bowl, metal is more heat conductive, so you can get a couple ziploc bags filled with ice and pile them against the side of the bowl after chilling the bowl in the freezer, that way it starts cool and stays cool. Glass bowl might look prettier, but will take longer to cool and take more energy to keep cool.
Also, we've dropped our bowl a couple times, depends on how clumsy you are I guess.

Longer neck could have an advantage over a shorter for pouring stuff in while mixing, it's a little difficult to do that while it's running with ours. (I guess we should use that funnel, eh?)

Thank youuuuu!!!! OK, so...no for glass bowl. You listed some pretty good reasons. To be honest, I don't think it's prettier as I like the stainless better. I would also prob drop the bowl, or someone else, so who knows. The bowls themselves are like $70, I think.

The artisan vs the classic is the confusing part, but the decision to omit the classic, simply because well...no Cobalt Blue option, duh!

Ahh, well, with the Artisan we got the funnel, soooo.... yay?

I will note that the pin that the mixer hinges on works out on ours, I'm thinking about drilling and tapping some threads into it so I can put a bolt on either end and prevent that from happening. I bought ours years ago though, so they might've come up with a work around by now.

this thread is like chinese to me.
no comprendo.

i know nothing about baked goods or baking appliances or mixers for that matter. maybe cuz i dont like to eat? :iono:

u guys are so far advanced in this shit :( im teh suck

this thread is like chinese to me.
no comprendo.

i know nothing about baked goods or baking appliances or mixers for that matter. maybe cuz i dont like to eat? :iono:

u guys are so far advanced in this shit :( im teh suck

I love, love, love to bake! And now seeing the stuff that Apez, and others post about shit they make at home, even pizza doughs, I have a huge, huge interest in doing all of this stuff, too.

Instead of store bought everything. Just really opens your options of what you can make at home.

Are the muffins a mix out of a box?

If so, make the cookies I talked about in that one post. Let Kiko help out with the measuring and other stuff, he'll be more involved and will learn to enjoy it more than mixing stuff in a box together.

Are the muffins a mix out of a box?

If so, make the cookies I talked about in that one post. Let Kiko help out with the measuring and other stuff, he'll be more involved and will learn to enjoy it more than mixing stuff in a box together.

YES, this! Emmett loves to help with baking. I pour the stuff in measuring cups and them him when to dump it in the bowl. :fly: He loves it.

tilt head, stainless bowl, and cobalt blue = 1 model only

Base Model: KSM150PSER

Sorry, I didn't realize that the other blue options that I was seeing were actually different kinds of blue. Beside Cobalt, there is a Blue Willow. Sorry for the confusionz.

We also have the Artisan. Pro :drool:

I saw a snippet of it in some pic that April posted, of grub being mixed. It's THE reason I considered it, because I want to be just like you guyz. :fly:

I guess I got tired of hemming/hawing & now with this, I can do anything. yayyy. So excitement!!lkghdjfhgsdhgsahghgkhgjdhgkds

I'mma take a pic me molesting it when it comes. :fly: :heart:

I saw a snippet of it in some pic that April posted, of grub being mixed. It's THE reason I considered it, because I want to be just like you guyz. :fly:

I guess I got tired of hemming/hawing & now with this, I can do anything. yayyy. So excitement!!lkghdjfhgsdhgsahghgkhgjdhgkds

I'mma take a pic me molesting it when it comes. :fly: :heart:

There are also great attachments too. We have the ice cream and the pasta one and love them both.

Maybe for Christmas.