halloweeeeeen.

SpangeMonkee said:
It's about fun and having fun. it's not a gimmick and it came from YOUR pagan island, mister.
I know it did, but I don't celebrate it. It's a night to watch crappy TV and ignore everyone who comes to your door and perhaps study a little. Last year for example I watched Star Trek TNG for the 3rd time, and I actually tried to be entertained. It never happened for me.

But to the point, I'd never dress up and frolic around, that's not for me. Kind of like people use every holiday here as an excuse to get drunk.

Galen said:
I know it did, but I don't celebrate it. It's a night to watch crappy TV and ignore everyone who comes to your door and perhaps study a little. Last year for example I watched Star Trek TNG for the 3rd time, and I actually tried to be entertained. It never happened for me.

But to the point, I'd never dress up and frolic around, that's not for me. Kind of like people use every holiday here as an excuse to get drunk.

There's this thing called fun....some people like having it... ??? :confused:

I think Halloween gives people a chance to be a kid again, take a vacation from responsibilities n'stuff. Plus you get to see some really neat creative costumes. If you don't like halloween then what do you enjoy?

Pandora said:
There's this thing called fun....some people like having it... ??? :confused:

I think Halloween gives people a chance to be a kid again, take a vacation from responsibilities n'stuff. Plus you get to see some really neat creative costumes. If you don't like halloween then what do you enjoy?
Oh, I like Halloween decorations, and perhaps the old feel of Halloween but now it's just become overcommercialized crap like absolutly every other holiday. Not saying I can't enjoy it, but it seems like "forced fun" (like New Years Eve, everyone pretending to have a great time over a number change). I'd rather just have a normal day and do my own thing, not to a set agenda of dressing up etc.

I don't enjoy anything anymore bar the simple things, studying, reading and spending time with my girlfriend. I'm in a mindset where time spent is lost learning. I know that's not true, but it's a hard mindset to get out of. I was out only 1 night all summer for instance.

Galen said:
Oh, I like Halloween decorations, and perhaps the old feel of Halloween but now it's just become overcommercialized crap like absolutly every other holiday. Not saying I can't enjoy it, but it seems like "forced fun" (like New Years Eve, everyone pretending to have a great time over a number change). I'd rather just have a normal day and do my own thing, not to a set agenda of dressing up etc.

I don't enjoy anything anymore bar the simple things, studying, reading and spending time with my girlfriend. I'm in a mindset where time spent is lost learning. I know that's not true, but it's a hard mindset to get out of. I was out only 1 night all summer for instance.
Only idiots go on an agenda... We use to just go out whenever with a pillow case and beg candy off people... Throw eggs etc.

FlamingGlory said:
Only idiots go on an agenda... We use to just go out whenever with a pillow case and beg candy off people... Throw eggs etc.
I used the term agenda loosely, I meant it's kind of a standard celebration. The dressing up etc. So predictable.

Pandora said:
I think that's a :cool: idea! Tho I don't know how many of us are planning on dressing up?

We should figure out a prize and do a poll for winners. Say a 3 day submission period the weekend before and the day of Halloween.

You can do wild outfits becuase it doesn't have to be something you actually wear out to an event.

b_sinning said:
We should figure out a prize and do a poll for winners. Say a 3 day submission period the weekend before and the day of Halloween.

You can do wild outfits becuase it doesn't have to be something you actually wear out to an event.

Wild eh? Then I forsee JJ making a trip to Fredricks in the near future. :lol: