Half Life 2 for .99 + shipping

I Robert I said:
Won't let you get in to the boat? You mean there's something blocking the hole or what? Or do you just get killed before even getting close?
There is always something blocking the hole dude, always...

I Robert I said:
Won't let you get in to the boat? You mean there's something blocking the hole or what? Or do you just get killed before even getting close?
If I try to jump in the boat from the carrier, I jump through it and land in the water. Then I shoot the boat down and it's in the water, but I can't get in the boat.. once I did get in the boat but I couldn't USE the boat. It would only let one or 2 of the 3 of us use the boats, and if I jumped in the boat with someone else, I had no weapon, so it was useless :(

We tried this every way imaginable for an entire afternoon and it was just no good.

edit: so we just kept killing Mike

zengirl said:
If I try to jump in the boat from the carrier, I jump through it and land in the water. Then I shoot the boat down and it's in the water, but I can't get in the boat.. once I did get in the boat but I couldn't USE the boat. It would only let one or 2 of the 3 of us use the boats, and if I jumped in the boat with someone else, I had no weapon, so it was useless :(

We tried this every way imaginable for an entire afternoon and it was just no good.

Ah, I misunderstood where you were in the game. That's sounds like a bug alright hehe. Have you tried just downloading a save game file to get you to that part directly and try to get going from there? Sure, it's kinda cheating but if you can't get anywhere what are ya gonna do.

zengirl said:

you have to kill the chopper with the boat. get on the carrier and kill everyone on the deck. it works best if you throw some rocks and draw them over one at a time. then you get on the side of the boat facing the island and slowly creep up and shoot the sniper.

Been reading a couple of walk throughs and it seems everyone is doing that part of the game different than me :p What I did was quickly ascend the ladder up onto the deck, then I took out the gunner in the chopper that is waiting for you above (this is the hard part, you have to be really fucking quick about it) once he is dead the chopper will leave, then I just took out the mercs on deck one by one, using barrels and whatnot as cover as I advanced. Get to the back of the deck, shoot the chains for the boat and then jump in the water to get into the boat, ride east and ... the end.

I Robert I said:
Been reading a couple of walk throughs and it seems everyone is doing that part of the game different than me :p What I did was quickly ascend the ladder up onto the deck, then I took out the gunner in the chopper that is waiting for you above (this is the hard part, you have to be really fucking quick about it) once he is dead the chopper will leave, then I just took out the mercs on deck one by one, using barrels and whatnot as cover as I advanced. Get to the back of the deck, shoot the chains for the boat and then jump in the water to get into the boat, ride east and ... the end.

I just called a bunch of arty strikes on the carrier over and over again until I had bombed them all out of tickets. Then I won the game and had sex0r with Kiwi, it was cool.