Haha I went to the gunshop

Galen said:
Wouldn't you rather own a sports car though? :D

Saab's are fantastic, might I add for no reason.
I have a weakness for BMW sedans but insurance is a killer. Rifles have no liability or collision. They [guns] also make things travel at 3x the speed of sound. Lot more than doing 90MPH on the thru-way . :cool:

FlyNavy said:
'bout which part :confused:

I realize that there have been many revolutions on your continent, I'm just not sure how many new nations were formed as a result of those revolutions
I didn't have a problem with him buying a gun. I have nothing against it. However, I didn't see the point of him buying/owning one. Same as if I went out and bought a totem pole, which I am also entitled to do in a liberal society. Thing is, you can appreciate a totem pole. It's not like he can open the jars in his kitchen with an M16.

And I said that Flynavy part because I'm pretty sure I've said this to you (I might be mistaken, if I am, I appologise) about gun ownership before.

FlamingGlory said:
I have a weakness for BMW sedans but insurance is a killer. Rifles have no liability or collision. They [guns] also make things travel at 3x the speed of sound. Lot more than doing 90MPH on the thru-way . :cool:
You can't ride a bullet though unless of course you're very small, which I don't recall you being.
My friend is partial to BMW's and is looking into buying a 06 BMW M3. Thing is, the people that drive them are the same types of assholes that wear skin tight tshirts and take steroids. The type of people who bump into you in a shopping centre to prove their worth. "You're so manly! You should be dead of a heart attack, not in my fucking shopping centre" I'd like to snarl. I don't think they'd be best please and/or be able to compute it.

In short, I'd prefer he buy a Saab. http://www.saab.com/

Galen said:
I didn't have a problem with him buying a gun. I have nothing against it. However, I didn't see the point of him buying/owning one. Same as if I went out and bought a totem pole, which I am also entitled to do in a liberal society. Thing is, you can appreciate a totem pole. It's not like he can open the jars in his kitchen with an M16.
Are you implying I can't appreciate an M16 the same way one could conceivably appreciate a totem pole?

I bet I can open jars in the kitchen with it. :D

Galen said:

And I said that Flynavy part because I'm pretty sure I've said this to you (I might be mistaken, if I am, I appologise) about gun ownership before.
There's really no point in posting on an internet forum, either. :p You may be able to appreciate a totem pole but I tend to appreciate the elegance of a finely crafted firearm. He can't open a jar with a totem pole but he can defend his home and his family with a reliable semi-automatic rifle.

Perhaps we've had the conversation before, I'm not sure. My stance on gun control has actually gone through a massive shift in the past few years. I used to believe that only military and law enforcement should have guns. Then again I also used to believe in the tooth fairy. I tend to be wrong about certain issues as often as I'm wrong about certain people.

"but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend." - some guy from those tolken books

FlamingGlory said:
Are you implying I can't appreciate an M16 the same way one could conceivably appreciate a totem pole?

I bet I can open jars in the kitchen with it. :D
mmm, peanut butter & .223 sandwhich

Last edited:
Galen said:
You can't ride a bullet though unless of course you're very small, which I don't recall you being.
My friend is partial to BMW's and is looking into buying a 06 BMW M3. Thing is, the people that drive them are the same types of assholes that wear skin tight tshirts and take steroids. The type of people who bump into you in a shopping centre to prove their worth. "You're so manly! You should be dead of a heart attack, not in my fucking shopping centre" I'd like to snarl. I don't think they'd be best please and/or be able to compute it.

In short, I'd prefer he buy a Saab. http://www.saab.com/
Yes, but the sheer fun of shooting at things and watching them explode all based on a mechanical/physical interaction of forces is a rare pleasure.

I do not work out too much and hit people in the mall... Often...

In england all the pakis own them :shrug: Here it's a completely different symbol of status.

FlyNavy said:
There's really no point in posting on an internet forum, either. :p You may be able to appreciate a totem pole but I tend to appreciate the elegance of a finely crafted firearm. He can't open a jar with a totem pole but he can defend his home and his family with a reliable semi-automatic rifle.

Perhaps we've had the conversation before, I'm not sure. My stance on gun control has actually gone through a massive shift in the past few years. I used to believe that only military and law enforcement should have guns. Then again I also used to believe in the tooth fairy. I tend to be wrong about certain issues as often as I'm wrong about certain people.

"but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend." - some guy from those tolken books

mmm, peanut butter & .223 sandwhich
I guess that's true. I don't think it was you though. The guy decided instantly that I was a "Liberal" (Indeed I am, a Classical Liberal or Old Whig if you will) and that I wanted someone to break into my house, steal my apple juice and rape me. I just don't understand the purpose of hoarding guns. You can't be prone 24/7, so the protecting family excuse is out the window. Unless like ZRH you sleep with it loaded. I prefer a good old stick, or better yet, one of those alarm systems that alerts the police silently when you lose your keys and have to get in through the bathroom window.

FlamingGlory said:
Yes, but the sheer fun of shooting at things and watching them explode all based on a mechanical/physical interaction of forces is a rare pleasure.

I do not work out too much and hit people in the mall... Often...

In england all the pakis own them :shrug: Here it's a completely different symbol of status.
Suppose. I've been tempted to get a shotgun lately so I can shoot clay pigeons. I hate the winged bastards, but I'm not a cruel enough shit to shoot them for no reason.

Working out is fine. Hulking up on steroids and wearing tight shirts makes you a cardiac arrest prone idiot.

The paki's drive 1992 BMW 316's with 300,000 miles on the clock with an M3 badge stuck on the back. Except those that own take aways, but I'm sure the leather stinks of sweat, curry and kids.

Galen said:
I guess that's true. I don't think it was you though. The guy decided instantly that I was a "Liberal" (Indeed I am, a Classical Liberal or Old Whig if you will) and that I wanted someone to break into my house, steal my apple juice and rape me. I just don't understand the purpose of hoarding guns. You can't be prone 24/7, so the protecting family excuse is out the window. Unless like ZRH you sleep with it loaded. I prefer a good old stick, or better yet, one of those alarm systems that alerts the police silently when you lose your keys and have to get in through the bathroom window.
You can't be prone 24/7 but if someone does break into my home at least I have a fighting chance. At least I'll have something with which to protect my home and the people I care about. I'd rather have the best weapon available to do that as opposed grabbing my kali sticks and simply hoping that whoever broke in doesn't have a gun. The "excuse" doesn't go out the window; having a gun and knowing how to use it increases the chances that in the worst case scenario I'll at the very least have a chance at defending myself.

That alarm system is not going to keep someone from attacking you as effectively as pointing a gun at that person. By the time the police get to your door you and your family could be dead. I'm not saying that you're inviting that or that you want it to happen or that it even would...but it could happen and I would rather have something and not need it than suddenly need something and not have it.

There's about 1 on duty cop for every 2000 people in America. The Supreme Court has ruled that have no legal requirement to protect the public. Of course if someone breaks in I would call 911...but after I have the guy in my sights and I know that he's not going to hurt me or my family.

For the record I have no problem with liberals (or conservatives, for that matter) as long as their beliefs are not imposed upon my life. In the past couple years I've turned into a staunch libertarian. While I will strongly suggest that every adult under the basics of firearm safety in case they ever have to handle one, I will never tell someone they are required to own one. In that same sense, no one will ever take that right away from me.

Last edited:
Galen said:
Suppose. I've been tempted to get a shotgun lately so I can shoot clay pigeons. I hate the winged bastards, but I'm not a cruel enough shit to shoot them for no reason.
I've never shot at anything but steel plates, jugs of water and woodchucks. Hunting isnt my bag and I'm not exactly terrified for my life. I just have an artistic appreciation of finely made tools. Something where form is completely derived from functional application. There is nothing superfluous, from the controls to the colour and design.

It would be a bad idea to break into my house in any case. 2 dogs, 7 loaded pieces of history, and going on 10k rounds of ammunition. Actually it would probably be a bad idea to try and invade my county or riot... :)