Haggling for Hot Dogs

I finally had time to read this whole article today... it was great!

I love haggling and even got my mom into it. Next month she will be calling for a new phone because her contract is up. Normally she calls me first and I call in for her stating I am my father and work out a good deal for her. This time she said "Oh I plan on getting a new phone and my minutes upped for another year contract". She thinks shes got it down, we shall see!!!

I finally had time to read this whole article today... it was great!

I love haggling and even got my mom into it. Next month she will be calling for a new phone because her contract is up. Normally she calls me first and I call in for her stating I am my father and work out a good deal for her. This time she said "Oh I plan on getting a new phone and my minutes upped for another year contract". She thinks shes got it down, we shall see!!!

See, rather than working hard like that, I work smart. I did research for the SERO plan, did research on who to call, how to call, and exactly the plan numbers and what to ask for. No haggling, no time wasted, no "let me get my manager", no embarassment, no pain and suffering of the employees, no guilt or remorse from me.

I did my homework, I did my research, I did my selection, I got a good deal. Done.

Of course I am also a shopper that gets in, gets exactly what I went in to get because I know what I am looking for, gets the fuck out as quick as possible. Any other time is just wasted and/or annoying for someone.

See, rather than working hard like that, I work smart. I did research for the SERO plan, did research on who to call, how to call, and exactly the plan numbers and what to ask for. No haggling, no time wasted, no "let me get my manager", no embarassment, no pain and suffering of the employees, no guilt or remorse from me.

I did my homework, I did my research, I did my selection, I got a good deal. Done.

Of course I am also a shopper that gets in, gets exactly what I went in to get because I know what I am looking for, gets the fuck out as quick as possible. Any other time is just wasted and/or annoying for someone.

Haggling with cell phone companies is almost a must in my opinion. I've found that no matter how much you research plans, you can always get a better deal, and it's easy. Simply tell them you are considering another company. Even the 1st level phone people are allowed to negotiate a deal if they think you might go elsewhere for services. It has worked every single time. I've talked my phone bill down at least $20.00 a month and gotten free phones that weren't normally offered plus free add on services.

Haggling with cell phone companies is almost a must in my opinion. I've found that no matter how much you research plans, you can always get a better deal, and it's easy. Simply tell them you are considering another company. Even the 1st level phone people are allowed to negotiate a deal if they think you might go elsewhere for services. It has worked every single time. I've talked my phone bill down at least $20.00 a month and gotten free phones that weren't normally offered plus free add on services.

This is her plan of attack, I taught her this :D

Edit - I also got my dad an amazing deal on his cable... he gets most of his pay channels free and pay next to nothing for service. Took us about 4 months and bouncing between companies but he saves about 60 a month when all is said and done.

Last edited:
This is her plan of attack, I taught her this :D

Edit - I also got my dad an amazing deal on his cable... he gets most of his pay channels free and pay next to nothing for service. Took us about 4 months and bouncing between companies but he saves about 60 a month when all is said and done.

I wish the tv companies in this area were more flexible. They don't give a shit whether they get you as a customer or not. Sucks.

I wish the tv companies in this area were more flexible. They don't give a shit whether they get you as a customer or not. Sucks.

Yeah... we did this when the fight for cable/sat started so there were many options and everyone fighting for business. He also held his neighborhood as a bargaining chip for word of mouth and actually got quite a few of the neighbors an excellent deal with his. Worked out great but it was more because of the good timing and not his sales experience ;)

please me my offcial shop buddy?

IMG_0980-72dpi.jpg