Had a Lassie Moment

b_sinning

Erect Member
Nov 22, 2004
Savannah, GA
Marklar
₥10
My wife talked me into getting another dog a few weeks ago. She said that this dog would be my dog. I'm not really a dog person but he's cool. He's a black lab about a year old,super mellow, and we named him Spencer. It's the most laid back dog I've ever seen. The main reason we got him is so our year old boxer would have some companionship while we were at work because she can't even see out our backyard with the privacy fence it has and she was starting to digg stuff up becuase she was bored.
As I was getting ready for work this morning I glanced out one of our back windows and saw Spencer climbing our fig tree. I was like WTf so I walk out there to see what was going on. He glances at me and starts making this hlaf wimper growl noice like he's trying to talk and keeps dipping his nose towards me and swinging it back towards something up the tree trying to get me to look at something. I look and he's trapped a big mouse up the fig tree. I get a shovel and take care of the mouse and then dispose of it in the trash can.
I go back to give Spencer a treat and he starts doing the half wimper growl noise again like he's trying to talk and starts nudging me in a direction with his head. I let him push me for a second then follow him over to some shrubs by the fence. He steps forward between the shrubs and leans against one to push it back showing me a hole the mouse dug under the fence. I get a ladder and look over the fence and see a wood pile my neighbor has stacked against his side of the fence. I'll go talk to my neighbor about it this evening. I want to make sure all the vermin is killed becuase my son plays in our backyard by himself sometimes and who knows what they can carry. We live a block from a River so it's expected you will see more rodents, raccoons, and possums but it's still not smart to leave things that may attract them.
I go inside to finished getting dressed and tell my wife about how good the new dog is and she goes "Why don't you and him go play around an abandoned well and let me go back to sleep."

fly said:
Psst: Mice are still in your yard...

It came from neighbors yard. I'm going to either get him to clean it up or put stuff over the fence to kill them. Looks like it came from a pile of wood by his side of the fence.

b_sinning said:
It came from neighbors yard. I'm going to either get him to clean it up or put stuff over the fence to kill them. Looks like it came from a pile of wood by his side of the fence.
My point was that they are mice, they are EVERYWHERE. Needs less paranoia.

fly said:
My point was that they are mice, they are EVERYWHERE. Needs less paranoia.
A few months before we moved, we had banished the cats from the basement in our house because we were going to finish it.

Keep in mind this was a 2.5yr old house at the time.

A mouse infestation occurred, and the buyers wanted us to get an exterminator to take care of it.

On their second visit, the guy said based on the amount of the poison that had been eaten he said we had somewhere around 50-60 mice in the place :fly:

ChikkenNoodul said:
A few months before we moved, we had banished the cats from the basement in our house because we were going to finish it.

A mouse infestation occurred, and the buyers wanted us to get an exterminator to take care of it.

On their second visit, the guy said based on the amount of the poison that had been eaten he said we had somewhere around 50-60 mice in the place :fly:

holy crap

ChikkenNoodul said:

wtf