HA HA!...state holiday

ChikkenNoodul said:
You can mitigate that risk by always wearing proper gear too

Lots of people go down for whatever reason and come out unscathed thanks to full faced helmets, armored jacket/pants, and boots

believe me, if I ever get a bike I'll look like the fucking michelin man from wearing so much gear :lol:

ChikkenNoodul said:
You can mitigate that risk by always wearing proper gear too

Lots of people go down for whatever reason and come out unscathed thanks to full faced helmets, armored jacket/pants, and boots

Which he will be purchasing the day he buys his bike. (This is Kiwi, I'm too lazy to go turn on my computer so I'm just going to post from Knyte's.)

why_ask_why said:
I heard about a guy that died on a bike a week ago locally from a friend...he had been back from Iraq for 2 months and was so bored with civilian life in comparison that he accidentally snapped his neck taking a spill at ~150mph :(

granted that's a stupid way to go but if you don't do it to yourself, someone else will eventually

My buddy Dan has been back for a month and he still drives down the center of the road at 100 mph.

So after over 2 months of reading countless forums, spending hours at dealerships, taking test rides, test sits on more bikes than I remember, I finally came home with a new one yesterday

*whew*

Maybe now I can relax :p

I came || this close to buying a Ducati Multistrada, but finally decided that I didn't want to have to be constantly fretting about the bike - any nick, scratch, etc. would have me freaking out and that wouldn't be condusive to a stress-free daily rider. Not to mention that it costs a fair bit, though being an air/oil-cooled 2-valver the maintanance wouldn't have been that bad for a Duc. There were also enough reports of the dashboard dying in the rain to make me leery.

But man, that engine :drool:

The new ZX-14 was strongly considered, that is THE most comfortable sportbike I have ever sat on, I liked how it felt better than any of the BMW sport-tourers even. I think I would be perfectly happy with it, but I really wanted to stay away from anything with a full-fairing and I really fell in love with V-twins thanks to the Duc test rides.

In a fit of lunacy, I almost ended up with a Suzuki DRZ-400SM :lol: would've been an absolute blast in the city but crappy on the highway and even more crappy for Mrs. Chikken...

Luckily sanity prevailed, and I picked up a leftover '05 Suzuki VStrom 1000

996cc's of 90 degree V-twin goodness :drool: sounds almost like the Duc, somewhat more useful on dirt roads/snow, cheap accessories, easy maintanance, but liquid-cooled unfortunately. Guess I'll just have to get used to that :eek:

ChikkenNoodul said:
So after over 2 months of reading countless forums, spending hours at dealerships, taking test rides, test sits on more bikes than I remember, I finally came home with a new one yesterday

*whew*

Maybe now I can relax :p

I came || this close to buying a Ducati Multistrada, but finally decided that I didn't want to have to be constantly fretting about the bike - any nick, scratch, etc. would have me freaking out and that wouldn't be condusive to a stress-free daily rider. Not to mention that it costs a fair bit, though being an air/oil-cooled 2-valver the maintanance wouldn't have been that bad for a Duc. There were also enough reports of the dashboard dying in the rain to make me leery.

But man, that engine :drool:

The new ZX-14 was strongly considered, that is THE most comfortable sportbike I have ever sat on, I liked how it felt better than any of the BMW sport-tourers even. I think I would be perfectly happy with it, but I really wanted to stay away from anything with a full-fairing and I really fell in love with V-twins thanks to the Duc test rides.

In a fit of lunacy, I almost ended up with a Suzuki DRZ-400SM :lol: would've been an absolute blast in the city but crappy on the highway and even more crappy for Mrs. Chikken...

Luckily sanity prevailed, and I picked up a leftover '05 Suzuki VStrom 1000

996cc's of 90 degree V-twin goodness :drool: sounds almost like the Duc, somewhat more useful on dirt roads/snow, cheap accessories, easy maintanance, but liquid-cooled unfortunately. Guess I'll just have to get used to that :eek:

congrats man...now we need :pics:, of course

nice looking bike...almost looks like a dual sport :cool:
vstrom-1000_1280x1024.jpg

Thanks guys :cool:

Suzuki bills it as a dual-sport of sorts, it's a little (Haha, it's freakin' huge!) large for off-road trails and rocks but some people are taking 'em there with some mods

Yeah, on this bike the radiator seems fairly well protected and cheap heavy-duty guards are available from Touratech.

IMO it's just one more thing to go wrong :fly: and on a lot of bikes I've looked at, the radiator is quite vulnerable - and since I ride year round in adverse conditions, well.....

ChikkenNoodul said:
Thanks guys :cool:

Suzuki bills it as a dual-sport of sorts, it's a little (Haha, it's freakin' huge!) large for off-road trails and rocks but some people are taking 'em there with some mods

Yeah, on this bike the radiator seems fairly well protected and cheap heavy-duty guards are available from Touratech.

IMO it's just one more thing to go wrong :fly: and on a lot of bikes I've looked at, the radiator is quite vulnerable - and since I ride year round in adverse conditions, well.....

I can understand that, I guess, but the majority of liquid cooled bikes I've seen have fairly rugged plastic covers for the radiator. Hell, some even have a fan assembly in front.

I better not see a story posted on here in a month or two about how you lost your other nut in a motorcycle accident.

Last edited: