Halp H&R Block help?

Duke...the filing "professionals" in the H&R offices follow the same protocol as online. Same questions, same format...What's the problem?

Duke...the filing "professionals" in the H&R offices follow the same protocol as online. Same questions, same format...What's the problem?

:lol: I've worked with these people. The script and protocol is no different than what TT does, and it costs less. Besides, do I really want someone who's unemployed all year except around tax time doing my taxes.

not on your life.

Your deductions on your w2 is set to 1. You are not witholding enough (if you want a refund).

Actually, owing a couple hundred dollars at the end of the year is more to your advantage than getting a refund.

Technically, you're right. But I like my forced savings account better than an extra $50 a paycheck...

:lol: I've worked with these people. The script and protocol is no different than what TT does, and it costs less. Besides, do I really want someone who's unemployed all year except around tax time doing my taxes.

not on your life.

I think you're overreacting a tad.

I spent 3 years on the phone with many of them talking them through things on the system that should not have been difficult. I have a pretty good insight into the backgrounds of tax preparers for the big 2. ;)

Yea, OK, so they're aren't great with the technical aspects...The people coming to them mainly have a simple tax return, I think they can handle this just fine.

Did you make out with Enemy last night and catch the contrary virus or something? :lol:

But, lets go back to what you said. The people coming to them mainly have a simple tax return. Dave's isn't so simple. So you can agree with me that H&R block is not the destination for him to go with.

There. Simple, Easy, Done. Debate over. Lets hug it out and go back to making fun of Bree's brother becoming another statistic.

Kids are awesome with tax refunds! You guys don't even want to know what I'm getting back on Feb. 19th.

I got three grand back without kids. Yay!

What Duke is saying about the forced savings account: I like getting a refund like this. It's a bit of instant pleasure in my loins. If I did my taxes right and owed the IRS I would save like what? 50 bucks in interest? I don't care about that at all.

What Duke is saying about the forced savings account: I like getting a refund like this. It's a bit of instant pleasure in my loins. If I did my taxes right and owed the IRS I would save like what? 50 bucks in interest? I don't care about that at all.

I worked 4 months out of last year and am getting $4600.00 back. :heart:

Knowing that I'm doing well enough with my savings that a $500 tax bill at the end of the year isn't going to even raise an eyebrow makes me hard.

even though this year I'm getting back $8400.

EYES BE GETTIN ME SOME STIMULUS MONEY! THANKS OBUSHA!

Knowing that I'm doing well enough with my savings that a $500 tax bill at the end of the year isn't going to even raise an eyebrow makes me hard.

even though this year I'm getting back $8400.

EYES BE GETTIN ME SOME STIMULUS MONEY! THANKS OBUSHA!

We have a savngs account.

Isn't the first time home buyers credit not really free money? Supposedly peeps have to pay it back over ten years or something??

We have a savngs account.

Isn't the first time home buyers credit not really free money? Supposedly peeps have to pay it back over ten years or something??

That was the 2008 version. Since 2009, it's free and clear as long as you do not change your homes status for 3 years (basically, it has to stay as your primary residence for that term). Turning it into even a rental requires a repayment of the 8k. But, if all stays status quo, you walk with it free after 3.

kweshfjkhfkdgd

n/m