GAY H.R.5741 - Universal National Service Act

Nothing that is popularly referred to as the "Slavery Bill" will ever be passed in America. Sorry to poop down anyone's chute.

I sent this to a high school friend of mine who works as a senator's aid or some shit in D.C.

He wrote this back to me:

This is the kind of thing sponsored by anti-war types periodically so they can take the floor and yell about our wars. Their hope is that the threat of a draft will stiffen anti-war sentiment. If this had any traction and were going anywhere (it's not) it might work.

it was about zero chance of passing

and about as much support from the military. no one wants to serve with people that don't want to be here. there are enough people that want out because it's not what they thought it would be (why did I tell pfc schmuckatelli to clean the same twenty square foot storage closet seven times yesterday? because i could) so having even more people bitching about it wouldn't do any good

This act says two things. To require people to serve in the armed forces, or, if not actively serving, to register for service if the need presents itself.

It's the selective service act. Since we don't have a draft, registering means.... well, nothing, until they institute a draft.

This isn't about anything other than that.

Jesus... :case: