Guy I work with was arrested the other day for putting out a hit on cop thru Facebook

I'm sure (hoping) this will end up just settling with a huge fine, maybe some jail time and some community service. Posting something like that, for $100, without ANY dialog indicating of going forward (as in, no one messaging him and him trying to pursue making it happen)... it doesn't seem like a very strong case. He definitely shouldn't have posted it, but it would have been different if he had said he was going to find the officer and kill him, himself.

Certainly not as serious, but using the same logic- Are we going to start arresting people that post about selling drugs online, but don't actually initiate sales? What about women posting ads for prostitution services online, but never following up with any Johns? It used to be, an officer in some form or fashion would need to observe the person in the act of solidifying these transactions.. usually initiating money exchange

I'm sure (hoping) this will end up just settling with a huge fine, maybe some jail time and some community service. Posting something like that, for $100, without ANY dialog indicating of going forward (as in, no one messaging him and him trying to pursue making it happen)... it doesn't seem like a very strong case. He definitely shouldn't have posted it, but it would have been different if he had said he was going to find the officer and kill him, himself.

Certainly not as serious, but using the same logic- Are we going to start arresting people that post about selling drugs online, but don't actually initiate sales? What about women posting ads for prostitution services online, but never following up with any Johns? It used to be, an officer in some form or fashion would need to observe the person in the act of solidifying these transactions.. usually initiating money exchange

this. and the ridiculously low amount shows he wasn't serious.

Still, you don't make threats like that..

#1 , you're stirring up shit and wasting people's time for absolutely no sensible fucking reason.
#2 , while not likely, some brianfucked drug addict desperate for $100 could take you up on your offer.

Still, you don't make threats like that..

#1 , you're stirring up shit and wasting people's time for absolutely no sensible fucking reason.
#2 , while not likely, some brianfucked drug addict desperate for $100 could take you up on your offer.

"Hey, I killed that guy for you... where should we meet up for that $100?"

"uhhhhhhh..... what? Didn't think anyone would take me seriously. Well.. this is awkward."

"Hey, I killed that guy for you... where should we meet up for that $100?"

"uhhhhhhh..... what? Didn't think anyone would take me seriously. Well.. this is awkward."

exactly.

it's inciting violence. You don't have free speech for that, or yelling Fire in a crowded movie house. This is settled law. General Public Safety. It doesn't even matter that it was against a cop.