Guns are bad

BigDov said:
Boy you're in a mood aren't ya?? :)

We need new models of guns so we can more effectively incapacitate the bad peoples throughout the land, AND so we can kill our animals quicker and more humanely.

I knew you'd say that. :lol: Im just in a "taking one side and discussing it til the death" kinda mood, good filler for inbetween the snooker, as exciting as the tournie is.

Killing animals doesnt get much quicker or more humanely than what people hunt with already, do hunters really buy the new models of guns just for killing rabbits and deer? I seriously doubt it, gun companies make guns that are moe accurate, more attractive to crinimals and that make bigger holes in omg humans. The gun that kills the rape victim isnt usually a hunting rifle. Handguns are meant to be easily concealable, rifles arent.

Edit: I read the first 3lines and thought "wow im really coherant considering its midnight" then I saw the word crinimals. :(

NeedMoreEmo said:
This isnt about a bow and arrow, killing a Welsh man from the third storey of a biulding wiith a bow and arrow on a Sunday is perfectly legal, or something like that.

My issue is why do we need new models of guns, to make more efficient killing, to create more crime and to appeal to yes, criminals.

Because technology advances.
Military firearm technology is based off the private sector and vice-versa. They become more efficient because, in the end, that's the goal: to neutrilize as quickly as possible with as minimal strain on the user as possible.

And again...guns don't commit crimes.
Criminals are criminals because the choose too be, they aren't made by guns.

wr3kt said:
Because technology advances.
Military firearm technology is based off the private sector and vice-versa. They become more efficient because, in the end, that's the goal: to neutrilize as quickly as possible with as minimal strain on the user as possible.

And again...guns don't commit crimes.
Criminals are criminals because the choose too be, they aren't made by guns.

Why should military style technology be accessable to the average joe? The military is about defending your country, killing people within the country should be another matter altogether.

NeedMoreEmo said:
I knew you'd say that. :lol: Im just in a "taking one side and discussing it til the death" kinda mood, good filler for inbetween the snooker, as exciting as the tournie is.

Killing animals doesnt get much quicker or more humanely than what people hunt with already, do hunters really buy the new models of guns just for killing rabbits and deer? I seriously doubt it, gun companies make guns that are moe accurate, more attractive to crinimals and that make bigger holes in omg humans. The gun that kills the rape victim isnt usually a hunting rifle. Handguns are meant to be easily concealable, rifles arent.

I see. You should go back to the snooker then :lol:

Well sure they do- newer, bigger, better, badder, equals shooting the furry critters from longer range, thus enhancing the sport. You know, give them a sporting chance and all, and crack off a shot at 250 yards just to say you did. I really don't think that the majority of any companies' line is solely dependent on handguns and assault weapons. For real. And of course handguns are easily concealable. And light and small and perfect for the fine soldiers around the world, as well as law enforcement personnel.

BigDov said:
I see. You should go back to the snooker then :lol:

Well sure they do- newer, bigger, better, badder, equals shooting the furry critters from longer range, thus enhancing the sport. You know, give them a sporting chance and all, and crack off a shot at 250 yards just to say you did. I really don't think that the majority of any companies' line is solely dependent on handguns and assault weapons. For real. And of course handguns are easily concealable. And light and small and perfect for the fine soldiers around the world, as well as law enforcement personnel.

Its on right infront of me, the PC's next to me. Its mainly reruns of stuff Ive already seen though :mad:.

Sure law enforcement should have good guns, just as soldiers should, but why do citizens need them? Oh yeah, TO KILL OTHER PEOPLE. Cops are meant to enforce the law with force if needed, citizens aren't.

NeedMoreEmo said:
Why should military style technology be accessable to the average joe? The military is about defending your country, killing people within the country should be another matter altogether.

Technology is technology. Anyone can come up with it. Like I said, a lot of military technology is based off of private-sector technology which is already being marketed to the legal gun owners, not criminals.

It goes back to my other statement, gun companies do not market to criminals because it causes them to lose market share.

NeedMoreEmo said:
Its on right infront of me, the PC's next to me. Its mainly reruns of stuff Ive already seen though :mad:.

Sure law enforcement should have good guns, just as soldiers should, but why do citizens need them? Oh yeah, TO KILL OTHER PEOPLE. Cops are meant to enforce the law with force if needed, citizens aren't.

No, but people are allowed to defend themselves should they not be able to be protected by law enforcement or soldiers.

NeedMoreEmo said:

Well, you see it's a right in our country. People don't need to like it, but that's the way it is. I've had and still have guns that are "people killers", so what? You're insinuating that just because a person has something like that, they're going to kill someone. As far as your 'citizen's aren't', I sure hope you're kidding. Tell ya what- someone breaks into my house with the intent to rape, kill, steal or kidnap, that someone is either leaving with holes in his/her body or in a body bag. It's just that simple to me. Always has been. I will enforce with force if needed is what I'm saying, understand?

I'll wait for you to dissect that and turn it around and say no one would have the intent to rape, kill, steal or kidnap if we didn't have guns :lol:

BigDov said:
Looks like she might have logged off..... it is after midnight in jolly England you know.

*PFSHT* RIGHT HYAR!!!!

LES GET DRUNK AND WRESTLE NAKED!!!

/edit
With women

//edit
Seriously

BigDov said:
Well, you see it's a right in our country. People don't need to like it, but that's the way it is. I've had and still have guns that are "people killers", so what? You're insinuating that just because a person has something like that, they're going to kill someone. As far as your 'citizen's aren't', I sure hope you're kidding. Tell ya what- someone breaks into my house with the intent to rape, kill, steal or kidnap, that someone is either leaving with holes in his/her body or in a body bag. It's just that simple to me. Always has been. I will enforce with force if needed is what I'm saying, understand?

I'll wait for you to dissect that and turn it around and say no one would have the intent to rape, kill, steal or kidnap if we didn't have guns :lol:
QFT

And a lot can happen before the cops get to the scene of a crime. And I'd like to be able to defend myself during that time. Not sit around like a pansy hiding and praying, or worse getting killed or raped, while I wait for the cops.

And it seems like I remember hearing that when some countries outlawed guns the crime rate involving guns went up. After all, the criminals aren't going to get rid of their guns, they're criminals! And when they're victims are guaranteed to be unarmed that just makes it easier for them!

Pandora said:
QFT

And a lot can happen before the cops get to the scene of a crime. And I'd like to be able to defend myself during that time. Not sit around like a pansy hiding and praying, or worse getting killed or raped, while I wait for the cops.

And it seems like I remember hearing that when some countries outlawed guns the crime rate involving guns went up. After all, the criminals aren't going to get rid of their guns, they're criminals! And when they're victims are guaranteed to be unarmed that just makes it easier for them!

That's exactly what I'm talking about........ in a situation like that, I've always been taught that if it's between me and someone else, I better do everything I can to make sure it's the someone else that goes down and take care of my own. I guess no one really knows how they would react in that situation, and I hope I never have to, but all I can say is, I'm a damn good shot with each and every gun that I own.

You're right on that point too..... can't remember where I read that, but I did.

BigDov said:
That's exactly what I'm talking about........ in a situation like that, I've always been taught that if it's between me and someone else, I better do everything I can to make sure it's the someone else that goes down and take care of my own. I guess no one really knows how they would react in that situation, and I hope I never have to, but all I can say is, I'm a damn good shot with each and every gun that I own.

You're right on that point too..... can't remember where I read that, but I did.

It was Australia.
http://www.chronwatch.com/content/contentDisplay.asp?aid=8073
http://www.nrawinningteam.com/auresult.html

wr3kt said:
Technology is technology. Anyone can come up with it. Like I said, a lot of military technology is based off of private-sector technology which is already being marketed to the legal gun owners, not criminals.

It goes back to my other statement, gun companies do not market to criminals because it causes them to lose market share.
In fact, the development of new arms for the military has suffered in recent times because of the lower sales to 'civilians' due to the AWB and the various state bans (mostly California).