Guns are bad

Talkie said:
Guns don't need to be banned, we just need to be more selective as to who is allowed to have them.

What are you going to do, make sure you have background checks at every oppurtunity? Ban parents from buying guns, incase their little kids get hold of the gun and kill themselves or their friends? Kind of hard to be selective about who's allowed to buy something.

NeedMoreEmo said:
Lots of statistics, Im not going to bother finding some though. Guns arent dangerous? They arent manufactured with the purpose to kill? Sure, don't blame the gun companies targetting the market for crinimals by marketing new, deadlier guns I don't see the need for guns in the home, or anywhere else for that matter.

I read your post incorrectly, check edit.

All guns are deadly. Period.
Anything is deadly.

The point is who uses them.
Companies don't target criminals. Why? Because they don't profit from it.

Everytime a crime is commited and a weapon and manufacturer are identified, they are actively hunted down. Companies DO NOT get good business that way. They also do not recieve any type of profit from underground sales.

What type of gun a person buys is their own choice.
A gun is a gun is a gun. Without ammunition, it is harmless. Completely harmless. It takes a person to load the ammunition and fire the gun.

NeedMoreEmo said:
What are you going to do, make sure you have background checks at every oppurtunity? Ban parents from buying guns, incase their little kids get hold of the gun and kill themselves or their friends? Kind of hard to be selective about who's allowed to buy something.

I'm all for parent with children owning guns. I encourage it AS LONG AS the parents teach their children about guns. The main reason children harm themselves is because they know absolutely nothing about guns. I was raised in a gun-friendly environment. I was around 8 at the time when my father told me about the guns. He let me handle it, unloaded, and explained it all. He also took me out shooting when I got older.
Once the "shininess" of the gun is faded...it becomes as harmless as kitchen cutlery to a child. It's just there. It's not cool, it's not surprising.

Again...ignorance is the main problem.

wr3kt said:
I read your post incorrectly, check edit.

All guns are deadly. Period.
Anything is deadly.

The point is who uses them.
Companies don't target criminals. Why? Because they don't profit from it.

Everytime a crime is commited and a weapon and manufacturer are identified, they are actively hunted down. Companies DO NOT get good business that way. They also do not recieve any type of profit from underground sales.

What type of gun a person buys is their own choice.
A gun is a gun is a gun. Without ammunition, it is harmless. Completely harmless. It takes a person to load the ammunition and fire the gun.

Some things are more deadly than others, sure I could beat someone to death with this keyboard (God knows it weighs enough) but it's not built for that purpose. What's an AK47 made for? Oh yeah to uh....look at? No, it's to penetrate flesh and kill.

So you blame someone who's a psychopath for buying a gun, loading a magazine and then shooting down his whole family, there's no blame on the companies part? What use is a gun without ammunition? Pistol whipping doesnt do much good from range.

NeedMoreEmo said:
Some things are more deadly than others, sure I could beat someone to death with this keyboard (God knows it weighs enough) but it's not built for that purpose. What's an AK47 made for? Oh yeah to uh....look at? No, it's to penetrate flesh and kill.

So you blame someone who's a psychopath for buying a gun, loading a magazine and then shooting down his whole family, there's no blame on the companies part? What use is a gun without ammunition? Pistol whipping doesnt do much good from range.

Ted Bundy didn't use a gun in any of his murders. ;)

wr3kt said:
I'm all for parent with children owning guns. I encourage it AS LONG AS the parents teach their children about guns. The main reason children harm themselves is because they know absolutely nothing about guns. I was raised in a gun-friendly environment. I was around 8 at the time when my father told me about the guns. He let me handle it, unloaded, and explained it all. He also took me out shooting when I got older.
Once the "shininess" of the gun is faded...it becomes as harmless as kitchen cutlery to a child. It's just there. It's not cool, it's not surprising.

Again...ignorance is the main problem.

Yes and ignorance will ALWAYS be ingrained in society, you cannot get rid of it. Put adds on the TV for smoking, say it kills, say you are ten times more likely to have heart related disease, guess what, people smoke. People are not ignorant about the fact smoking kills, just like they are not ignorant of the fact guns can and will kill.

Gun control? Seriously, don't you think there may have been a screw loose if Hattori Hanzo here was willing to pursue several people and kill them, all because he was trespassing and they asked him to leave? That could have been a fishing dock, Miyagi's fence or the supermarket. Somebody's losing a finger...BONSAI

BigDov said:
Nope, didn't hear that. What are they going to kill now though??

:lol: Without fox hunting agriculture produce will go down, fox hunting is a violent sport for sure but it keeps the fox population down, just as deer hunting keeps that population down. Without guns the human population is not going to explode.

And it's not actually banned, there were very big violent riots a few months ago and I think they've put in legislature for hunting licenses or something. They keep banning and unbanning it as far as I can tell. :lol

NeedMoreEmo said:
He didn't need to. He had charming looks and pretended to have his arm in a cast. ;)

http://www.crimemagazine.com/serial.htm

I'm not going to be able to convince you, but in all honesty, once you've been around guns all your life, you begin to realize the stupidity that is "guns are bad".

People are bad.
If we didn't have guns, people would still be murdered. Crimes would still happen.

It's always been this way since civilization started.
Guns are just a target of people looking for something to blame other than their fear of learning about something new.

wr3kt said:
http://www.crimemagazine.com/serial.htm

I'm not going to be able to convince you, but in all honesty, once you've been around guns all your life, you begin to realize the stupidity that is "guns are bad".

People are bad.
If we didn't have guns, people would still be murdered. Crimes would still happen.

It's always been this way since civilization started.
Guns are just a target of people looking for something to blame other than their fear of learning about something new.

And we have less gun crime per capita than you do. Because guns are illegal and always will be, but I guess your Founding Fathers envisioned the kinds of weapons you guys now have for "self defense".

I know every murderer on that site. "Serial" killers aren't notorious in the slightest if they go bang bang and walk away, they have to commit otorcious and violently creative crimes to get noticed.

Edit2: And people who go shoot their whole families down ARE NOT serial killers by definition. A lot of crimes of passion are commited without thought and with the aid of guns.

Last edited:
NeedMoreEmo said:
And we have less gun crime per capita than you do. Because guns are illegal and always will be, but I guess your Founding Fathers envisioned the kinds of weapons you guys now have for "self defense".

I know every murderer on that site. "Serial" killers aren't notorious in the slightest if they go bang bang and walk away, they have to commit otorcious and violently creative crimes to get noticed.

Edit2: And people who go shoot their whole families down ARE NOT serial killers by definition. A lot of crimes of passion are commited without thought and with the aid of guns.

You're slightly correct about the crime rates, but not as much as you think.

http://www.gunsandcrime.org/highs.html

But you're also missing the point that people are the ones who use the guns. Guns don't use people. You make it seem like a person who grabs a gun will instantly go out on a murderous rampage.

wr3kt said:
You're slightly correct about the crime rates, but not as much as you think.

http://www.gunsandcrime.org/highs.html

But you're also missing the point that people are the ones who use the guns. Guns don't use people.

Guns dont kill people....robbers do. I dont really care about guns, there's only about 3areas of my city where you'll ever even have the chance of being near one, and Im never going in either one. I just feel like posting/being objective.

Without guns, murder would be harder and Im sure much harder to conceal. Should weapons that are designed for the purpose of killing other humans be so easy to get hold of? I dont think so.

NeedMoreEmo said:
Guns dont kill people....robbers do. I dont really care about guns, there's only about 3areas of my city where you'll ever even have the chance of being near one, and Im never going in either one. I just feel like posting/being objective.

Without guns, murder would be harder and Im sure much harder to conceal. Should weapons that are designed for the purpose of killing other humans be so easy to get hold of? I dont think so.

Then someone with the intent to murder will simply find another means to do so.
A bow and arrow is designed just as effectively to kill. So is a knife.

Don't blame the tool a person used to commit a crime, blame the person.

wr3kt said:
Then someone with the intent to murder will simply find another means to do so.
A bow and arrow is designed just as effectively to kill. So is a knife.

Don't blame the tool a person used to commit a crime, blame the person.

This isnt about a bow and arrow, killing a Welsh man from the third storey of a biulding wiith a bow and arrow on a Sunday is perfectly legal, or something like that.

My issue is why do we need new models of guns, to make more efficient killing, to create more crime and to appeal to yes, criminals.

NeedMoreEmo said:
This isnt about a bow and arrow, killing a Welsh man from the third storey of a biulding wiith a bow and arrow on a Sunday is perfectly legal, or something like that.

My issue is why do we need new models of guns, to make more efficient killing, to create more crime and to appeal to yes, criminals.

Boy you're in a mood aren't ya?? :)

We need new models of guns so we can more effectively incapacitate the bad peoples throughout the land, AND so we can kill our animals quicker and more humanely.

BigDov said:
Boy you're in a mood aren't ya?? :)

We need new models of guns so we can more effectively incapacitate the bad peoples throughout the land, AND so we can kill our animals quicker and more humanely.

but but but i love muzzleloading:(