Guns are bad

ChikkenNoodul said:
Guns are great.

It's people that suck.

QFTMFT. guns do not cause accidents. people's carlessness cause accidents. guns do not murder by themselves, they need someone pulling the trigger while aiming in order to do that.

"I swear to buddha I thought they were just REALLY articulat, well dressed deer!"

F33nX said:
QFTMFT. guns do not cause accidents. people's carlessness cause accidents. guns do not murder by themselves, they need someone pulling the trigger while aiming in order to do that.

What?!? You mean guns don't kill people? People with guns kill people?!? You, miss, are definitely a friend of mine!!! :heart:

F33nX said:
*Simpsons episode where Homer gets a gun*

NeedMoreEmo said:
Why not ban guns? :confused:

Banning guns is like church groups trying to ban certain stations from TV or radio because they're too stupid to turn it off.
A gun is only as dangerous as the person using it.
If the person has no idea about guns, it is most likely going to become extrememly dangerous to that person and anyone around.

The same could be said about a very knowledgable person, but odds are, they won't be using it(considering if they are law-abiding) for intentional physical harm beyond sel-protection.

Again...criminals, even in todays system, aquire guns illegally, so banning guns would have no effect on them.

wr3kt said:
Again...criminals, even in todays system, aquire guns illegally, so banning guns would have no effect on them.
plus us hunting types would get really sad, and the country would be overrun by woodland creatures

F33nX said:
plus us hunting types would get really sad, and the country would be overrun by woodland creatures

That's what my trusty straw and spitwads are for.

:rambo:

wr3kt said:
Banning guns is like church groups trying to ban certain stations from TV or radio because they're too stupid to turn it off.
A gun is only as dangerous as the person using it.
If the person has no idea about guns, it is most likely going to become extrememly dangerous to that person and anyone around.

The same could be said about a very knowledgable person, but odds are, they won't be using it(considering if they are law-abiding) for intentional physical harm beyond sel-protection.

But why do you need guns? Self defense? We all know you're more likely to be killed yourself if you own a gun. Sounds to me like that defeats the object of buying one.

NeedMoreEmo said:
But why do you need guns? Self defense? We all know you're more likely to be killed yourself if you own a gun. Sounds to me like that defeats the object of buying one.
/editing

Hehe...no. Gun self-defense courses are very good about teaching you when and when not to use your firearm. The main objective is to show you to use your own judgement. It's not "I'm being attacked, pull out my gun and start shooting". It's more along the lines of observe the environment you're in and act from there.

I would MUCH rather have the option of defending myself in a manner I'm comfortable with than being defenseless because my right to do so was taken away.

Last edited:
NeedMoreEmo said:
Guns take the fun out if it, you need practise throwing knives inbetween the eyes. :fly:

suggest that to the aristocracy that like to hunt foxes......... and maybe they could leave their swarms of doggahs home for once too.

:)

wr3kt said:
What statistics are you reading?
A knowledgable person who ALSO teaches others around them how to handle and use a gun will not be harmed by them.

Guns aren't dangerous, ignorance is.

Lots of statistics, Im not going to bother finding some though. Guns arent dangerous? They arent manufactured with the purpose to kill? Sure, don't blame the gun companies targetting the market for crinimals by marketing new, deadlier guns I don't see the need for guns in the home, or anywhere else for that matter.

Guns don't need to be banned, we just need to be more selective as to who is allowed to have them.