Thread Gunman Cites Glenn Beck and others as Inspiration for plot against ACLU & Tides

I've never understood why there is a need to place blame on anyone other than the person who committed the act.

I've never understood why there is a need to place blame on anyone other than the person who committed the act.

This case reminds me of the connection between the Oklahoma City bombing and the Turner Diaries. When we are told that some heinous crime was committed in accordance with some outside source, it's easy to assign blame to that source. As much as I disagree with what Glenn Beck has to say, he can say whatever he wants. The First Amendment even protects the freedom to lie and deceive on TV. That's fine too. At some level, people should be able to filter his bullshit and act reasonably.

It's interesting that this guy was targeting the ACLU. In the case of the Oklahoma City bombing, the ACLU fervidly defended William Pierce's rights when his Turner Diaries hit the national spotlight.

This is beneath you..

1) Stop pretending like you know my emotional state when I post on these forums. Or alternatively, stop portraying me in a certain emotional state of mind in order to discredit me.

2) The last thing I'll ever do is live my life how someone else wants me to live it.

3) Do you agree with Beck? Do you think Beck should be able to continue with his current style of rhetoric?

Both Beck & the gunman have rights to free speech. Only one of them expressed themselves illegally.

I'm always amused when someone is so quick to shift the blame away, for whatever myriad of reasons, from the person who committed the crime.

I mean really people. It doesn't matter if the guy has lack of self control because of someone elses free speech or the toilet paper roll being on backwards, you do the crime you do the time.

If you don't have the capacity to control yourself inside the law, you should be locked up.

Get off your "the buck doesn't stop here cuz sum1 else made me. . . " lameass horseshit excuses.

I'm not shifting blame away from the gunman. He is completely responsible for what he did. I just believe the Beck holds some small amount of blame also, unless what Beck said that influenced the gunman was factually correct, then Beck deserves no blame at all. I highly doubt it.

1) Stop pretending like you know my emotional state when I post on these forums. Or alternatively, stop portraying me in a certain emotional state of mind in order to discredit me.

2) The last thing I'll ever do is live my life how someone else wants me to live it.

3) Do you agree with Beck? Do you think Beck should be able to continue with his current style of rhetoric?

Dumb ass. Everyone in this thread knows where I stand on these questions.

Did your new woman suck your brain out of your dick?

My most memorablefly by was standing just outside the bridge of one of my father old Navy figates at sea, when an F-111 past by freakin close. My ear rang for about an hour after that..

I'm not shifting blame away from the gunman. He is completely responsible for what he did. I just believe the Beck holds some small amount of blame also, unless what Beck said that influenced the gunman was factually correct, then Beck deserves no blame at all. I highly doubt it.

and on that note, anyone publicly speaking their opinion can be held to, "some small amount of blame."

So, technically, you have responsibility for me spitting on australian guys. Got it.

How is it, that legislators should discuss potential policy? You know, like Obama saying "If we're fighting to reform the tax code and increase exports, the benefits cannot just translate into greater profits and bonuses for those at the top. They have to be shared by American workers, who need to know that opening markets will lift their standard of living as well as your bottom line," Is Obama responsible for the unhappy employee stealing from his company?

To what degree is Bawney Fwank responsible for stating, on the verge of crisis, "'These two entities -- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac -- are not facing any kind of financial crisis,'' when people go out and invest in those companies?

Let's really spread it around and make the media complicit for repeating it.

Glenn Beck always states on both his radio program and television show, for people to look up and check his facts. IF he is so wrong then why haven't Media Matters or any other George Soros funded groups been able to prove him wrong?

Last edited: