Thread Gunman Cites Glenn Beck and others as Inspiration for plot against ACLU & Tides

OzSTEEZ

¡ɟɟo ʞɔnɟ ʇunɔ 'ᴉO
Nov 11, 2008
Oz
Marklar
₥25,442
http://www.democracynow.org/2010/10/12/progressive_hunter_gunman_cites_glenn_beck

Byron Williams was arrested after he opened fire on California Highway Patrol officers in July. He was accused of plotting to kill employees at the ACLU and the Tides Foundation, a small foundation that gives money to human rights groups, environmentalists and other progressive causes. Now, in a series of exclusive jailhouse interviews published on the website of the watchdog group Media Matters, independent journalist John Hamilton reveals that Byron Williams was inspired by listening to Glenn Beck of Fox News and other right-wing media figures.

:waw:

:lol:

OMG NOBODY SHOULD TALK ABOUT ANYTHING CAUSE IT MIGHT INSPIRE SOME WHACK JOB TO DO SOMETHING!!!

i'm pretty sure he learned how to shoot playing call of duty.

:lol:

OMG NOBODY SHOULD TALK ABOUT ANYTHING CAUSE IT MIGHT INSPIRE SOME WHACK JOB TO DO SOMETHING!!!

i'm pretty sure he learned how to shoot playing call of duty.

You really think the words coming out of Glenn Beck's mouth are similar to everybody else's?

You really think the words coming out of Glenn Beck's mouth are similar to everybody else's?

Or, better yet, do you really think the words of the average hobo on the street are going to hold up as strong as a cult of personality that gets paid a hojillion dollars to tell the country that certain people are stupid and evil and should die?

True. The fact that he is on TV does increases his credibility for some less intelligent people..

also the easiest thing for you all to do is to stop talking about glenn beck at every opportunity.

why are you giving this hyper-real mormon any thought time? are you fucking serious? are you actually fucking serious as to quantify him as a pundit?

don't bother responding to this with your usual keek. you need to sit back and start being a bit more apathetic. things are easier when you know your opinion won't change shit.

hitler was only 1 man as well

ah, so now glenn beck is hitler and god combined. or are beck and hitler both gods?

i agree with everyone elses opinion that beck is a giant douche, but i've actually been waiting for an incident to come up where a gunman blamed beck/fox. seems like they know it'd be an easy scapegoat for anyone to buy off on since everyone's been trying to blame them for everything in the past 6 months or more. not to mention they know it'd be a big news story on all the other networks and in the blogging community... if i wanted attention i'd totally blame them too.

ah, so now glenn beck is hitler and god combined. or are beck and hitler both gods?

i agree with everyone elses opinion that beck is a giant douche, but i've actually been waiting for an incident to come up where a gunman blamed beck/fox. seems like they know it'd be an easy scapegoat for anyone to buy off on since everyone's been trying to blame them for everything in the past 6 months or more. not to mention they know it'd be a big news story on all the other networks and in the blogging community... if i wanted attention i'd totally blame them too.

you filled in those dots, not me. I was merely pointing out that 1 man can influence masses that heavily

Scapegoat for what? The gunman isn't getting out of jail or a reduced punishment because he said Glenn Beck influenced him.

also the easiest thing for you all to do is to stop talking about glenn beck at every opportunity.

why are you giving this hyper-real mormon any thought time? are you fucking serious? are you actually fucking serious as to quantify him as a pundit?

don't bother responding to this with your usual keek. you need to sit back and start being a bit more apathetic. things are easier when you know your opinion won't change shit.

Yeah things are easier when you stick your head in the sand.

Scapegoat for what? The gunman isn't getting out of jail or a reduced punishment because he said Glenn Beck influenced him.

no but it adds to his 'fame' and attention whoring. the giffords thing didn't pan out so they found some loony tune guy who committed a crime back in july to blame beck instead... and before that, the guy had been convicted of robbing two banks. seems like a pretty solid guy who was brainwashed by the media to go kill some libs.

no but it adds to his 'fame' and attention whoring. the giffords thing didn't pan out so they found some loony tune guy who committed a crime back in july to blame beck instead... and before that, the guy had been convicted of robbing two banks. seems like a pretty solid guy who was brainwashed by the media to go kill some libs.

There are multiple cases coming out in the spotlight now simply because of the Giffords incident. Not just this single occurrence.

no, it's much easier when you realise there's absolutely nothing you can do.

stop getting so wound up about shit.

1) Stop pretending like you know my emotional state when I post on these forums. Or alternatively, stop portraying me in a certain emotional state of mind in order to discredit me.

2) The last thing I'll ever do is live my life how someone else wants me to live it.

3) Do you agree with Beck? Do you think Beck should be able to continue with his current style of rhetoric?