Ontopic Gun issues

You act like full-auto is somehow difficult to acheive, it wouldn't take a moderately determined criminal more than 10 minutes to make most semi-auto firearms "full auto" (Unsafely of course, but hey, they're criminals, who cares".

Laws ONLY AFFECT THE LAW ABIDING, people aren't going to suddenly have more shootouts simply because full-auto is available to everyone.

And actually, it *is* available to everyone legally now (Who is federally qualified to purchase firearms to begin with, passing the NICS check, etc.) (Except for the select states that outright ban it), you can get a transferable sub gun for just a couple of grand.

If this were indeed the case, how come we don't hear more 'MACHINE GUN KILLING IN HOME INVASION' stories?

Because, while it may be easy to modify a semi auto to take advantage of the entire hammer-recoil exploit thing, most of your common level criminal aren't even smart enough to file the SN off their weapon, much less modify it. Hell, I'd challenge most people convicted of a gun grime to be able to break down, clean, and re-assemble the weapon they were convicted of using.

So, sure, Laws only affect the law abiding. However, put more machine guns in the hands of the law abiding, trickle down shows that as those weapons are stolen, they will move more automatics into criminals hands.

Maybe in your little area of jurisdiction.

Around here, handguns have always been legal.

My head is up my ass today.

The purpose of the NFA was to regulate what were considered "gangster weapons" such as machine guns and hand grenades. Then U.S. Attorney General Homer S. Cummings recognized that firearms could not be banned outright under the Second Amendment, so he proposed restrictive regulation in the form of an expensive tax and Federal registration. Originally, pistols and revolvers were to be regulated as strictly as machine guns; towards that end, cutting down a rifle or shotgun to circumvent the handgun restrictions by making a concealable weapon was taxed as strictly as a machine gun.

Conventional pistols and revolvers were ultimately excluded from the Act before passage, but other concealable firearms were not: the language as originally enacted defined an NFA "firearm" as:

A shotgun or rifle having a barrel of less than eighteen inches in length or any other weapon, other than a pistol or revolver, from which a shot is discharged by an explosive if such weapon is capable of being concealed on the person, or a machinegun, and includes a muffler or silencer for any firearm whether or not such a firearm is included in the foregoing definition.[1]

Under the original Act, NFA "firearms" were machine guns, short barreled rifles (SBR), short barreled shotguns (SBS), any other weapons (AOW or concealable weapons other than pistol or revolver) and silencers for any type of firearm NFA or non-NFA. Minimum barrel length was soon amended to 16 inches for rimfire rifles and by 1960 had been amended to 16 inches for centerfire rifles as well. In recent years several SBRs, Winchester and Marlin "trapper" rifles made before 1934 with 14 or 15 inch barrels, were removed from the NFA (Title II), although they are still subject to Gun Control Act of 1968 (Title I).

In 1938 Congress recognized that the Marble Game Getter, a short .22/.410 sporting firearm, had "legitimate use" and did not deserve the stigma of "gangster weapon" and reduced the $200 tax to one dollar for the Game Getter. In 1960 Congress changed the transfer tax for all "any other weapon" (AOW) category to $5.[1] The transfer tax for machine guns, silencers, SBR and SBS remained at $200.

NFA categories have been modified by laws passed by Congress, rulings by the Department of the Treasury and regulations promulgated by the enforcement agency, ATF.

If this were indeed the case, how come we don't hear more 'MACHINE GUN KILLING IN HOME INVASION' stories?

Because, while it may be easy to modify a semi auto to take advantage of the entire hammer-recoil exploit thing, most of your common level criminal aren't even smart enough to file the SN off their weapon, much less modify it. Hell, I'd challenge most people convicted of a gun grime to be able to break down, clean, and re-assemble the weapon they were convicted of using.

So, sure, Laws only affect the law abiding. However, put more machine guns in the hands of the law abiding, trickle down shows that as those weapons are stolen, they will move more automatics into criminals hands.
Have you ever fired a semi-auto AK clone? Not much different from full-auto, the only change for the worse is that ammo will be even more scarce :lol:

I need a silencer for my own health. Don't want to hurt my ears.
There's actually quite a bit of evidence in favour of that, the tax stamp on silencers is retarded, with all of the concerns over noise pollution these days suppressors should almost be mandatory.

It's not like they're super whisper quiet like they show in movies anyhow.

There's actually quite a bit of evidence in favour of that, the tax stamp on silencers is retarded, with all of the concerns over noise pollution these days suppressors should almost be mandatory.

It's not like they're super whisper quiet like they show in movies anyhow.

If you use subsonic ammo it's pretty rad.

Have you ever fired a semi-auto AK clone? Not much different from full-auto, the only change for the worse is that ammo will be even more scarce :lol:

I've taken many people to a range to shoot automatic Uzi's, MP5's, and AR15's. Hardly any of them ever hit the target with all 30 rounds fired.