Ontopic Gun issues

dbzeag

Wants to kiss you where it stinks
Jun 9, 2006
Marklar
₥947
I know there are a few experts/fans/supporters of guns, but I had a couple questions.

Do you feel they are indeed for your protection in dangerous situations or for arming yourself in case of needed help in a militia?

Do you support ALL guns? Things such as carbon fiber or plastic guns?

Do you support guns with customizations like a more intense scope and/or larger magazines for more bullets?

I feel if you are a supporter of weaponry, all weaponry should be supported, meaning all types of guns and all types of customizations.

Yes across the board.

The magazine size restrictions seems retarded to me... Especially on like larger nines where the normal magazine is high capacity.

More intense scope? you normally find these on hunting rifles, not on home protection weapons where you only need to see twenty feet. everyone has different preferences so customizations are a must.

Also, my guns are purely for recreation and shooting armadillos. I don't carry and don't keep something chambered by my bed or anything.

I don't see a need for 30-round mags in handguns, even in law enforcement. If you need one with that many bullets, you are either doing something wrong or in Baghdad. Cops will have shotguns, rifles, and submachine guns for more intense situations, so the handgun issue is silly to me. They are short range, personal defense weapons (backup weapons, in essence), not tools for front line assault. But I'm one person, and I recognize that my opinion shouldn't affect national or state policy.

Other than that I have few issues with guns. Recoil reducers, flash suppressors, scopes...accessories aren't an issue with me. Ammo types can be.

I don't see a need for 30-round mags in handguns, even in law enforcement. If you need one with that many bullets, you are either doing something wrong or in Baghdad. Cops will have shotguns, rifles, and submachine guns for more intense situations, so the handgun issue is silly to me. They are short range, personal defense weapons (backup weapons, in essence), not tools for front line assault. But I'm one person, and I recognize that my opinion shouldn't affect national or state policy.

Other than that I have few issues with guns. Recoil reducers, flash suppressors, scopes...accessories aren't an issue with me. Ammo types can be.

You might not see the need, but does that mean they should be illegal or just that you wouldn't buy one?

I would make them a licensed accessory, not make them outright illegal. Why are there special parameters for buying a silencer, but not for buying something that holds dozens of rounds of ammo?

16-18 round mags are normal in large 9s though. Limit it to 10 and everyone will switch to 45s for more power per round instead of more rounds...

The ridiculous mags that stick under a gun where you'd never carry it like that are kind of dumb though. I assume people just use them for target practice to reduce reloading.

16-18 round mags are normal in large 9s though. Limit it to 10 and everyone will switch to 45s for more power per round instead of more rounds...

The ridiculous mags that stick under a gun where you'd never carry it like that are kind of dumb though. I assume people just use them for target practice to reduce reloading.

I'm not talking about 16-18 rounds. I'm talking about dozens. In addition to target practice they also use them to mow down crowds of people in seconds.

.45 rounds are a lot more expensive than 9s. I don't see people ditching the 9s any time soon, no matter how many times they have to reload.

Once to a federal judge and a congresswoman. Thousands of times to people in inner cities and elsewhere.

Do you feel they are indeed for your protection in dangerous situations or for arming yourself in case of needed help in a militia?

Protection, yes. A firearm is the greatest equalizer their is. For a militia? Well not for me. I'm not American so overthrowing the government is out of my realm of responsibility.

I see nothing wrong with a plastic or carbon gun.

Do you support guns with customizations like a more intense scope and/or larger magazines for more bullets?

Larger magazines should be heavily restricted like automatic firearms are.

I feel if you are a supporter of weaponry, all weaponry should be supported, meaning all types of guns and all types of customizations.

This is a huge debate of which I'm on the fence.

What about the 50rnd 10 22 drums? Alot of people use these extended mags purely for target shooting, would suck to change so often. Also I was shooting with a swat guy a few months ago and was amazed at how fast and smoothly he changed mags and transitioned... So I don't think smaller mags will eliminate any problems.

I know there are a few experts/fans/supporters of guns, but I had a couple questions.

Deeze

Start by LEARNING a lil bit about guns. Plastic,Carbon fiber??? That's movie talk BS.
Plenty of guns are made from Polymer and carbon fiber. It has nothing to do w/ anything. ( metal detector related)

Large mags, "more intense scope" (f-ing lol) Uhh Yes If something were to go wrong and I was lying on the floor dying because I ran out of ammo. I'd be pretty pissed that my right to carry 30 rounds had been taken away.

To protect myself, YES

I think making SBR, suppressors and full auto illegal is super lame as well. Short barrel rifles were made illegal when they banned handguns, they lifted that ban and... left the SBR ban.

Last edited:
I want to be able to have a tank in my driveway
Fukn kids will stay off my lawn thne, I tells ya

there's a dude here that owns 2 of these, or used to. haven't seen him drive one into work for many years now. he used to cruise into work with his head popped out the front with a leather helmet and tank goggles on. :cool:

Urban%20Armory%20-%20Ferret.JPG

I don't mean to come off like a prick BTW. It's just that the best sniper that ever lived used iron sights and had over 500 kills.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simo_Häyhä

Also if you "limit" mags do you think you're changing anyhting in the AK world? I mean they have only been around since the 40s. How many millions of AK mags are grandfathered in.

Last edited:
there's a dude here that owns 2 of these, or used to. haven't seen him drive one into work for many years now. he used to cruise into work with his head popped out the front with a leather helmet and tank goggles on. :cool:

I don't know what this is but I want one.

We have a guy here at work who has one from WWII. He work in the mail room :lol:

Deeze

Start by LEARNING a lil bit about guns. Plastic,Carbon fiber??? That's movie talk BS.
Plenty of guns are made from Polymer and carbon fiber. It has nothing to do w/ anything. ( metal detector related)

Large mags, "more intense scope" (f-ing lol) Uhh Yes If something were to go wrong and I was lying on the floor dying because I ran out of ammo. I'd be pretty pissed that my right to carry 30 rounds had been taken away.

To protect myself, YES

I think making SBR, suppressors and full auto illegal is super lame as well. Short barrel rifles were made illegal when they banned handguns, they lifted that ban and... left the SBR ban.

You don't have a "right" to carry 30 rounds mags any more than you have a right to eat grapefruit. You simply have the opportunity, as a consumer, to buy something that isn't illegal.