Thread Gun in car on someone else's property?

OzSTEEZ

¡ɟɟo ʞɔnɟ ʇunɔ 'ᴉO
Nov 11, 2008
Oz
Marklar
₥25,442
Here's an issue I think we can all enthusiastically discuss.

http://www.myfoxlubbock.com/news/lo...-second-amendment/2AhYrKlzfkGxUKTUV47jYw.cspx

Lubbock State Representative John Frullo is signing onto several new bills in the Texas House, regarding Second Amendment and right to life issues.

The first would allow concealed handgun licensed holders to store guns in their vehicles in their employers' parking lots.

Now I am of the opinion that this is something the property owner should be left to decide. The government should not be telling the property owner what they can and can not allow on their property, in this case.

i don't think any business owner in texas is going to care.

anyways, as long as it's legal and my employer doesn't know about it... dunno why they would care. i know at my office the only restriction is you can't keep them in a company vehicle if you're on a customers site. you can bring them to our office in a company vehicle though. :D

...plus, property owner shouldn't have the right to inspect your car just because it's in their parking lot.

Lol Texas.

The Sonogram Bill is the stupidest waste of money I've ever seen.

Spend millions of dollars annually in an attempt to guilt pregnant women in to keeping their babies. Woo hoo!

I got in a conversation about this earlier today after delivering the new/revised handbook to all of our employees. We do not allow firearms on the premises, but we have more reason to protect ourselves than most companies given that we are a collection agency.

Unfortunately, I would not want the collectors to have the option of bringing a firearm onto the premises and losing it.

Companies should be able to choose--it is their right.

If it's in my personal car, they should never know or care. If they do know, then you failed at concealing.

...i took my new gun in today to show my boss. Then his boss came in and looked at it... Nobody had an issue. :lol:

If it's in my personal car, they should never know or care. If they do know, then you failed at concealing.

...i took my new gun in today to show my boss. Then his boss came in and looked at it... Nobody had an issue. :lol:

All of this is completely irrelevant.

My car is sovereign territory as far as I'm concerned.

May I see your car's Ambassador to the UK please?

800px-Parliament_at_Sunset.JPG

My car is sovereign territory as far as I'm concerned.

Which is fine, but if they find it - they should have the right to fire you for breaking company policy. Same way for marijuana laws. Just because the state allows it, doesn't mean I should have to as a company owner.

Which is fine, but if they find it - they should have the right to fire you for breaking company policy. Same way for marijuana laws. Just because the state allows it, doesn't mean I should have to as a company owner.

It's one thing to be looking inside the building. Something else to be actively searching inside your car.

It's one thing to be looking inside the building. Something else to be actively searching inside your car.

No one is saying they will be able to search your car. No job I've ever worked for has requested to search my pockets, yet I've never worked at a place where I'm allowed to walk in with a gun in my pocket.

Like I said earlier, this is all besides the point, which is should the state be allowed to force policy change on private property.

When I was stationed in WV, quite a few coworkers had firearms. It was corporate policy, however, that no firearms were allowed on premises, and that included parking lot. Some people then made their own decision to pay a small fee to be able to park in a lot near the building owned by another company to park and walk to work. this was fine by all parties involved.

It should be up to the company how they dictate the uniform their employees have and their accessories they bring into the office. An employer should have the right to say that employees should not be allowed to carry a purse into the office. their reasoning might be shitty, but that is their right to assign a dress code for their eimployees. Same with carrying or posessing a firearm.

If a company is allowed to have a metal detector in the entrance, why are they not allowed to have a "gun detector" in the entrance to their parking lot?

As long as you signed something as a condition of employment, sure they can search your car. Or if its in plain sight, just like if an officer saw it.

Most could care less about the gun they are just trying to protect themselves from lawsuits. If you have a gun in your car and something happens someone would find a way to make them liable because they never said you couldn't.

Most could care less about the gun they are just trying to protect themselves from lawsuits. If you have a gun in your car and something happens someone would find a way to make them liable because they never said you couldn't.

Yep, I think insurance companies "recommend" that companies have it in the handbook for just that reason.

AFAIK the castle doc says car your is an extension of your home. So the gun is in your home, not on their property.

Last edited: