FYI Gun Control

To me, it's like any other continuing education requirement. Most of the attendees are glad to be there to pick up additional knowledge. I think if the course was done right, all gun owners could brag about it to the newbies about it actually being a great course. Not to mention, it would introduce them to other new, local, gun owners.

Amstel, that wouldn't have stopped this shooting from occurring. So what is being accomplished? I think a psh for education would be much more beneficial.

Anything can be funny when taken out of context.

Even in context, that's funny. Have you seen how people drive these days?

Since MA requires all gun owners to take a class among other requirements before even purchasing a .22 rifle, I've seen first hand what (somewhat useful) firearm safety training does for grown adults.

Absolutely nothing.

I've seen numerous folks, all recent 'graduates' of the safety programs, covering other people with their muzzles, having finger constantly on the trigger, and breaking pretty much every other rule there is.

Even in context, that's funny. Have you seen how people drive these days?

Since MA requires all gun owners to take a class among other requirements before even purchasing a .22 rifle, I've seen first hand what (somewhat useful) firearm safety training does for grown adults.

Absolutely nothing.

I've seen numerous folks, all recent 'graduates' of the safety programs, covering other people with their muzzles, having finger constantly on the trigger, and breaking pretty much every other rule there is.

So would you say that if a driver's license was not required, the amount of crazy driver's on the road would not increase?

ha it's not a freaking LOOP HOLE.

You can buy and sell to private citizens. It's just eaiser to find buyers at gun shows. I do it all the time. I traded an AR15 for a .458 SOCOM in the parking lot, then took it inside and sold it to a reloader. I did this all in 20-30 min.

300 million in the US 295 million guns in the US. (something close to that)

"I couldn't believe how easy it was to buy guns, it was like selling a sofa or a TV..."

:rolleyes:

Exactly, private sales, as you said.

Actually, MA regulates those as well - you have to fill out a transfer form when you do a private sale and fill out the license #'s of both parties, then mail it to the state.

I love TX.

Actually, MA regulates those as well - you have to fill out a transfer form when you do a private sale and fill out the license #'s of both parties, then mail it to the state.

I wrote up a transfer form with the sellers name, signature and driver's license #, just in case there was a body on the gun.