FYI Gun Control

I don't believe in banning firearms, but I do believe in gun control.

Well in that regards, so do I. I do not believe anyone should be able to obtain a Bazooka. There are plenty of guns out there that you can hunt with and can keep you safe. The rest should be extremely hard to obtain if at all..

Well in that regards, so do I. I do not believe anyone should be able to obtain a Bazooka. There are plenty of guns out there that you can hunt with and can keep you safe. The rest should be extremely hard to obtain if at all..

What about high capacity magazines?
Automatic weapons?

What about high capacity magazines?
Automatic weapons?

Automatic weapons require a specialized license already, and I'm ok with that.

High capacity magazine I dunno.. Doesn't take me long to reload and I can carry as many magazines as I like. So I'm struggling to see the point of putting stiffer regulations on them.

angryobama7562622.jpg

Friday, June 13, 2008

“If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun,” Obama said at a Philadelphia fundraiser Friday night. “Because from what I understand folks in Philly like a good brawl. I’ve seen Eagles fans.”

Last edited:
lame "but he did it too!" BS, man. he spoke strong words used in political rhetoric all the time going all the way back to James Polk in 1844 with "5440 or fight!" learn some history.
she singled out individuals with crosshairs on a map. get a grip and a clue. pathetic.

Automatic weapons require a specialized license already, and I'm ok with that.

High capacity magazine I dunno.. Doesn't take me long to reload and I can carry as many magazines as I like. So I'm struggling to see the point of putting stiffer regulations on them.

I think it's silly to ban Hi Cap Mags, or "Assault weapons"

ARs are great for hunting, and are being used more and more often. Seeing they come in .22 all the way up to .50BMG

This is pretty old, but during the LA riots the bussiness that were not robbed were the ones using AKs and ARs to defend the stores. People ran to gun stores to get guns to defend themselves, only to be turned down by the 15 day waiting period that many of them had voted for.

I am okay w/ background checks, but not waiting. I've never had to wait and in TX w/ my CHL I don't even have to pass a background check.

As for Obama not being anti gun.

Here are some of his quotes.

I know that the NRA believes people should be unimpeded and unregulated on gun ownership. I disagree. I do not object to the lawful use and ownership of firearms, but I do think it is entirely it appropriate for the state to monitor it. Too many of these guns end up in the hands of criminals even though they were originally purchased by people who did not have a felony. I'll continue to be in favor of handgun law registration requirements and licensing requirements for training. [Chicago Defender, 7/5/01]

The package closes the Firearm Owners Identification (FOID) card loopholes which resulted in the shooting out in Melrose Park. We're eliminating 17 specific assault weapons. There is no reason why anybody should need an assault weapon to protect themselves or their family,' Obama said. 'We're limiting handgun sales to one a month. We're calling for handgun registration. It's very hard right now to track whether or not a felon has turned in his weapons or if he has a FOID card because we don't know how many weapons he has purchased. [Chicago Defender, 2/20/01]

Opposes civilian concealed carry

I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
--- Mendell, David, "From Promise to Power" (2007), p. 251.

I am not in favor of concealed weapons. I think that creates a potential atmosphere where more innocent people could (get shot during) altercations.
--- Pittsburg Tribune-Review (April 2, 2008).
[Obama] backed federal legislation that would ban citizens from carrying weapons, except for law enforcement. He cited Texas as an example of a place where a law allowing people to carry weapons has "malfunctioned" because hundreds of people granted licenses had prior convictions.
"National legislation will prevent other states' flawed concealed-weapons laws from threatening the safety of Illinois residents," Obama said.
--- http://www.icadp.org/page236.html (Citing David Mendel, Chicago Tribune, February 20, 2004)

Opposes possession of most semi-automatic rifles

Obama has stated the government needs to permanently reinstate an "assault weapons" ban.
(Obama Calls for Permanent Assault Weapons Ban to Combat Inner-City Violence, Associated Press [via Fox News] [July 15, 2007] and http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/issues/issues.gun.html)
(McCain voted against the 1994 crime bill that contained an "assault weapons" ban [see the latter link].)

Voted for a federal ban on most military surplus ammo

Voted in 2005 to classify all Full Metal Jacket ammo in the following calibers as armor-piercing (since they are capable both of being fired from a handgun and of penetrating Kevlar bullet-resistant vests):

223 Remington
308 Winchester
Soviet 7.62x39
Source: http://www.senate.gov/legislative/L...ote_cfm.cfm?congress=109&session=1&vote=00217

Last edited:
lame "but he did it too!" BS, man. he spoke strong words used in political rhetoric all the time going all the way back to James Polk in 1844 with "5440 or fight!" learn some history.
she singled out individuals with crosshairs on a map. get a grip and a clue. pathetic.

No. The palin site was targeting them for replacement - not killing. Anyone not getting that needs to get a grip, clue, is pathetic, etc.

It's predictable how you selectively apply history lessons.