Guitar Freaks (aka: Another thread no one will care about)

N

Niltrog

A couple of nights ago, I got a random urge to to go Wunderland (the one at Avalon, for the couple local people). I managed to secure 1st place on the Guitar Freaks scoreboard in the Extreme+ difficulty (the "hardest" available).. Unfortunately, you have to put in a code to play that difficulty, so my initials won't be seen unless someone puts the code in to play Extreme+ (which probably isn't going to happen because no one ever plays it.. let alone plays it enough to be that good)

Actually, I found that's not true.. There were a couple girls there that I noticed were playing. They weren't great, but they were better than most people I see try it, which means they've actually given it a chance. After the second time I saw them playing, I went up and talked to them about it :cool: They were cuet (and hot for playing Guitar Freaks). They were out of nickels so I played a set each with them and then Wunderland was closing. I gave them some tips on playing and we headed off.

I didn't play any Gravity Hill, but if I did, they probably would have been happy with the some-odd thousands of tickets I could have given them..

I know the local guys know Guitar Freaks.. Does anyone else?

cliffs:

1) UF is not my personal weblog
2) http://home.comcast.net/~niltrog/Niltrog-UsedCars-A.wmv

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice! We have no guitar freaks around here. Or Beatmania (IIDX :drool: ). Only bemani games are DDR and Pump it up :rolleyes:

smileynev said:
[/thread]
niltroglolgrabbing8bd.gif

bast_imret said:
Very nice! We have no guitar freaks around here. Or Beatmania (IIDX :drool: ). Only bemani games are DDR and Pump it up :rolleyes:
i'm diggin' the pump-action smiley ;)

btw, i've B'd bost A and V. i've gotten an A on ZZ light, and have barely passed ZZ standard

bast_imret said:
Unfortunately, this location only has 2nd mix.. we have 3rd with a 45 minute drive.. I've probably said this elsewhere here already.. What I would give for something new and local.. sigh

Can you actually handle IIDX? If so, :drool: I have the Konami IIDX controller.. it's a great controller, but IIDX isn't my thing.. Not a fan of the music and how the game actually interfaces you to it.. Guitar Freaks (also with a Konami brand home controller) is way more for me..

I'm in awe of anyone who's actually tackled the learning curve of IIDX.. it's a steep one.. You can only play like.. 2 songs for a long time until you can actually handle something more.. maybe it's just me..

I think we had a Pump It Up.. if we did, it's gone now.. But we also have Dancemaniax in a few locations.. The girls in the first post were actually pretty decent at that.. Better than I am.. I've been thinking about tackling that next.. shrug

F33nX said:
i'm diggin' the pump-action smiley ;)

btw, i've B'd bost A and V. i've gotten an A on ZZ light, and have barely passed ZZ standard
I AAAed Max. (period).. no bar.. with one leg tied behind me.. blindfolded..

No pics though :(

(this didn't actually happen)

Congrats though :D I just know of the reputation of songs like those.. when I play, I don't strive to go that hard.. partly because I don't like the songs anyways..

Mr. Furlong said:
Just for the record, Guitar Freaks kicks ass.
Have you been to Gateway anytime recently? Remember how I was upset that they downgraded from 2nd for 1st at the Wunderland meet? They don't even have that anymore.. Maybe it's been that way a while.. They have Percussion Freaks now (Drummania).. If you've been there, you've seen it, otherwise I might be warning you in case you went, hoping to play Guitar Freaks..

Speaking of steep learning curves with Beatmania, Drummania is pretty steep too.. Would be cool to show off on when you're good, but getting good may take some money..

Maybe we should have a UF meet.. all three of us.. because that would be so different from the other couple of occasions :p We could rock out on 3rd mix in beaverton :cool: The option to play bass is awesome.. plus the songs are so much better.. Or Avalon, though I'm off and on tired of 2nd mix.. or.. I can just sit at home and play on my playstation :p

Mr. Furlong said:
Nope, haven't been to Wunderland in ages.
I'd be up for a UF meet though :D
Belle's not actually down here all that often, is she? I'm not familiar with how you guys are working all that out, but I am under the impression she's not-so-local with some visitations..

We may have to see about working something out then :cool:

Niltrog said:
Belle's not actually down here all that often, is she? I'm not familiar with how you guys are working all that out, but I am under the impression she's not-so-local with some visitations..

We may have to see about working something out then :cool:
She's been to Portland twice. All the other times we see each other, it's up in Canadia.

BigDov said:
I'll second that :) Lunches that involve just you and I, do not a meet make.
If we're naked, does it a meet make?

I should probably stop that if I have any desire for you guys to not shun me and never talk to me again :p