Great Lesser Known Movies

SpangeMonkee said:
hahhaa.. dead man on campus. A friend and I tried thinking of ways to off my old roommate a couple of years before that came out.

Big Man on Campus is better. Bob Malooga Looga Looga Looga Looga.
dead man on campus is a classic. One of my favorite dvd purchases.

I'll have to check out big man on campus, it sounds cool.

K-Pax, is a great movie, not sure it counts as lesser, some greats from Japan, Iron Monkey, Drunken Monkey in the Tiger's Eyes (English Title), and Fist of Legend.. love the japanese films

SpangeMonkee said:
for some reason that reminds me of two more messed up movies.

Tetsuo: Body Hammer
Dead Alive

two of the most gory movies I've ever seen.

have you seen the other two Tetsuo movies? I've only seen Ironman. Great stuff. About the Japanese's fears of the incoming technological advancements from the west (kinda ironic in retrospect, but whatever). Set to industrial metal with one of the most fucked up sex scenes I've ever seen.

Oh, and Student Bodies is far a great unknown horror movie spoof. Think Scary Movie, only set in the 80's, based on slasher flicks (features: The Breather!) and with a much better script. Teens in a high school having sex are systimatically killed off in bizzare manners. Features such wonderful lines as "Debbie? You're not responding to my maleness!" and "It's a common fact that dead men don't lie. But they sure do fart." many keekles are had from this movie.

The Frighteners - Starring Michael J. Fox. It had action, comedy, ghosts, some freaky moments. It was an EXCELLENT movie. Everyone I've shown it to has loved it.

Ronin - Robert DeNiro. Not really a lesser known movie but a flippin' GREAT movie that not a lot of people give a second glance.