Great Deal on Rare Blue Wang

SpangeMonkee said:
Rogues do it from behind is funny haha, not funny queer.

stupid backstab+SS+SS+SS spammars. They think there sooo cool sneaking up on me with their hidden stealthiness. Bastards. I get ganked by rogues more than any other class. Their DPS at close range is :eek:

bast_imret said:
Gawd, how many times do we have to go over this. Cost of the game helps cover the years of development, just like with any other game. The monthly payments help to cover the massive bandwidth cost, 24/7 service coverage, continuing development and programming, etc, etc. Everyone keeps talking about 600,000 copies sold at $50 each plus $15 for a month, Blizz must be rolling in phat lewt right now. That's probably BS, especially since the first month was free, and probably some that bought the game didn't continue past the first month. The continuous work that's going on with the battlegrounds, honor system, and fixing existiong issues is already tapping them out of resources and the website has plenty of Looking to hire messages. This is not cheap to maintain.

1. I find it ironic you talk about fair pay for developers when you steal 90% of the games you play

2. This doesn't preclude them from selling it as a monthly model. If you want to say that it'll cost $17/mo and the game is free, that's fine. Or if you want to charge a $100 one time fee, that's good too. I'm simply opposed to being slammed twice with cost *especially* when its apparent that they don't have their act together in the first place. The lame excuse that "oh yeah, we thought we'd have this market penetration over a year, not 6 weeks" is bullshit. You shipped 600,000 copies of the game. You knew (or should know) that no retailer in their right mind is going to accord you free rent in their warehouses while they slowly disseminate the game over a long period of time. If you get in massive orders, it means that your buyers predict selling that many copies in a short amount of time. This is especially true in the volitile world of gaming where there's a new darling every two weeks and all thought of other games gets dropped.

SpangeMonkee said:
no doubt. they're awesome to have when you go on those elite quest though. awesome for sapping and drawing.

tru.dat But I was mainly referring to Horde rogues, cheap ganking bastards, lol

theacoustician said:
1. I find it ironic you talk about fair pay for developers when you steal 90% of the games you play

2. This doesn't preclude them from selling it as a monthly model. If you want to say that it'll cost $17/mo and the game is free, that's fine. Or if you want to charge a $100 one time fee, that's good too. I'm simply opposed to being slammed twice with cost *especially* when its apparent that they don't have their act together in the first place. The lame excuse that "oh yeah, we thought we'd have this market penetration over a year, not 6 weeks" is bullshit. You shipped 600,000 copies of the game. You knew (or should know) that no retailer in their right mind is going to accord you free rent in their warehouses while they slowly disseminate the game over a long period of time. If you get in massive orders, it means that your buyers predict selling that many copies in a short amount of time. This is especially true in the volitile world of gaming where there's a new darling every two weeks and all thought of other games gets dropped.

1. I'm just trying to give justification for their reasons. Hay, if there was a way I could hax this, I probably would rather than paying $15 a month. But I give props where due. If I like a game enough I'll buy it, as I did with Doom 3 recently. I'd buy HL2 as well based on what I played, but, with WoW and my consoles, I don't know when I'd play it. I'll pick it up sometime.

2. Regardless of what went on with the sales/marketing, the fact remains that the cost to support justifies the means. Initial purchase to cover initial development, monthly to cover ongoing development and support and bandwidth. $100 one time purchase would not do squat for them in terms of being able to support the game over the next # of months. The cost of all the personnel, hardware, and bandwidth would easily exceed that. As for free up front w/ monthly payments, well, include the first month @ $15, and essentially you are paying $35 for a copy of the game. Honestly I really don't see it being a big enough deal to get your panties in a bunch.

fly said:
I will never pay a monthly fee to play a game. Ever.

You pay a montly fee for your internet to play games online.

LIAR. FLY IS A BIG FAT LIAR!!!!