Gramma's Bama Bungalow

shawndavid

Are you wanting making fuck berserker?
Sorry about the black and white...Amy didn't know how to reset the digi before she took these. They're of my grandma's house in Flatwood, Alabama, which is just outside Berry in the hills. There is no McDonald's or any other recognizable trade name for 45 minutes with the exception of a Piggly Wiggly with 3 registers. My grandma is the nicest woman in the world, but, quite possibly, one of the worst cooks ever. Every recipe gets a larg dollop of bacon grease that's kept on the stovetop in an old coffee can. My mother and I buy groceries and she, bless her, now cooks whenever we travel there. Amy helped out with some cooking this time as well. My pulmonary system owes them...

The whole family convenes here for the 4th of July as it's a halfway point between Chicago, Florida, and everywhere else people may travel from. The house used to be a corner store/house combo with a gas station. My grandpa died years ago and the whole shebang has fallen pretty bad into disrepair. My wealthy cousin and his dad/my uncle are in the process of buying gramma some new digs up the road.

You can see here the facade of the palace's main hall. I'm sitting out front chatting with my cousin from Chicago. You can also see the truck featured in the infamous rat story on the left.
bama1b.JPG

This is the view from the front of the house of the other closed store across the street.
bama2b.JPG

Here is just to the right of the last pic and shows a side entrance to a wood mill.
bama3b.JPG

Here is, if you're looking at the front of the house, the left-hand side with the shed in the right background and the old pump house on the left behind the swing set.
bama4b.JPG

This is the old outhouse with the shed from the previous pic on the left.
bama5b.JPG

This is from the same vantage point of the last pic, but turned back around so that the house is now on Amy's left. I'm not quite sure why that toilet is there, but, now that I think of it, it has been there for years.
bama6b.JPG

Here's another shot from the front.
bama7b.JPG

That's all she took. This place is so far in the boondocks it's laughable. The next time we go up we're renting an RV.

Last edited:
Women should be making sandwiches, not taking pictures. Especially with cameras they can't even use properly.

bama1b.JPG

And you may find yourself living in a shotgun shack
And you may find yourself in another part of the world
And you may find yourself behind the wheel of a large automobile
And you may find yourself in a beautiful house, with a beautiful wife
And you may ask yourself-well...how did I get here?

If I lived in a place like that I could sit on the porch drinking lemonade and shoot at things all day long. I'd probably never take my gloves off, ever.

shawndavid said:

And you may ask yourself
How do I work this?
And you may ask yourself
Where is that large automobile?
And you may tell yourself
This is not my beautiful house!
And you may tell yourself
This is not my beautiful wife!